Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectA lot of this is downright nitpicking in my book.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2302037&mesg_id=2305543
2305543, A lot of this is downright nitpicking in my book.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Mar-11-14 01:08 AM
>their stance is he's a B+ guy, they like having him on the
>roster, but they don't want him competing for the title.
>that's fine, but they should be doing everything they can to
>calm down the crowd's reaction because their characters should
>want the crowd to see him as B+ guy too (which would just push
>him further). but instead they have the official yes shirts,
>tell his fans to voice their support on twitter

I can't clap to this. They've done all they can to keep him down since Summerslam. They've fucked him over time and time again to keep him from the brass ring.

Pro wrestling demands a certain measure of "just go with it" in many regards. We could poke holes in pretty much every story line we've ever seen.

You make a good point when you mention the whole "maybe Bryan CAN be the face of the company over you, Randy!" bit a few weeks back. It was such a strange point in this story and makes no sense whatsoever. That, to me, is fair discourse. The notion that they're pushing his merch while simultaneously pushing his character down is somehow inconsistent, however, is not. Pushing his character down and treating him as second class is more than enough to endear him to the audience.

If they're Kayfabe treating him as B+ material, that's a pretty thin line between A+. Even tonight, they said he's valuable. Just not *as* valuable as a couple of other guys. B+ is close to an A...... so even by that measure, it makes sense that Yes! would get a push. After all.... that's what's best for business.

Could it maybe be finessed a little more, a little better? Of course. Naturally. I just don't see it as an inconsistency of any note.