Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectNo. IMO, that's an irrational backlash.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2302037&mesg_id=2305361
2305361, No. IMO, that's an irrational backlash.
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Mar-10-14 11:31 AM
Technically speaking, the second they began to market him and Yes! assertively, they "ruined" his "organic" following.

The notion that they are ruining the "organic" following is in my view the age old knee jerk reaction people have when something becomes popular, as it's no longer "underground"and they're no longer insiders of that particular phenomenon.

Everyone loves MC Get Busy until he gets played on thousands of "HOTTEST HIP HOP AND R&B!!" stations.

This particular story actually makes perfect sense and while Bryan vs HHH at Mania isn't exactly the best way to go given the fucking OBVIOUS Mania moment they can have with him winning the title, it's actually a perfectly reasonable story that's played out on a slow burn in a very organic way.

I do not understand how this is contrived in the least.
I also think it's absurd that people are in here complaining about WWE acknowledging the Yes movement.

Should they have ignored Austin 3:16 too?

It's bizarre thinking imo and reeks of simply wanting to be the cool underground kid.