Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThe Shield is basically The Rockers with three Shawn Michaels
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2302037&mesg_id=2303711
2303711, The Shield is basically The Rockers with three Shawn Michaels
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Mar-04-14 01:39 AM
This shit ain't Evolution, with two raw ass youngsters getting the rub from established legends.

This shit feels like The Dudleys, Edge & Christian, and The Hardies, except each member of The Shield embodies all six guys. I know, I know, pump the brakes, right? Not so fast.

Rollins pretty much ate everyone's soul tonight. Remember last week, when he came from out of fucking NOWHERE to pull a suicide dive that would make Taker shit himself. I haven't seen Bryan yet, but that opening segment tonight was fucking ridiculous.

Every time I watch The Shield I'm in awe of something and it feels like "HOLY SHIT, THAT WAS THE GREATEST THING EVER!!!!!" and it NEVER feels like hyperbole. It always feels like a legit claim that will hold up to scrutiny. I seriously can't recall the last time I saw a group that was ALWAYS money ALL the damn time, and this shit isn't even being done with tired ass spots. The Superman Punch, Reigns entire demeanor, his drop kick outside the ring, Rollins doing shit that would make Jeff Hardy and Edge jealous, and Ambrose bringing the most batshit character and ring presence we've seen since Cactus Jack...

That's all in one group.

And you know what's crazy? I haven't even touched on The Wyatt Family yet. They're not as individually brilliant as The Shield, but they're a remarkable unit in their own right. It's crystal clear who the breakout star is there, but the collective energy of these two units together+the crumbling shield story is making for some of the most compelling moments since the attitude era.

Between these two groups and Bryan... it's clear why fucking EVERY arena hate's Dave's guts. It's not just Bryan. WWE has a special mix right now if they wanted to pull the trigger. Remember when Cody and Goldust were the most exciting thing to see every night? Shit, the Usos are coming into their own. Cesaro is on beast mode.

Fuck Dave. Let Orton and Cena stick around the top awhile longer while these young studs continue to simmer so they can help with the transition by passing that torch..... but this needs to be the last Mania where Vince relies on post-Attitude era stars to sell the show. This year is clearly the time to end that practice, and hopefully they realize it.