Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWhich fucking sucks for a couple of reasons.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2302037&mesg_id=2303708
2303708, Which fucking sucks for a couple of reasons.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Mar-04-14 01:15 AM
To me, at least. I dunno how you feel about Christian and Sheamus. I love both of them. I think they're excellent performers and think they've shown excellent chemistry thus far.

The problems?

First, there's no reason whatsoever to care about this match. I can't speak for why you don't care, but I know I'm not invested because there's simply no good reason it should exist. What's the story? A missed Brogue kick? That's a nice way to build to extreme rules. For Mania though? For two top shelf performers? Nah. I like the pairing though and expect a pretty good match out of them.

The second problem is that the Elimination Chamber showed us what a scene stealing, show stopping match we should be getting instead with Cesaro and Sheamus. They could have run a recruitment angle. Say Zeb's got an Irish ancestor who came here and worked his ass off and see's a lot of Great Uncle Hoolihan in Sheamus, or whatever. They have a match at Mania, and Sheamus becomes a Real American if he loses. Sheamus goes over, Swagger and Zeb jump him, Sheamus makes the save, and a small Mania moment is had when Cesaro officially turns face to rousing applause and We The People chants.

Whatever the story is, Cesaro/Sheamus is money. Add that to the inevitable Shield three way and Bray/Cena and that's a hell of an undercard brimming with an explosive youth movement.

Still, Sheamus/Christian should make for a good match, just not the money match the obvious pairing is.