Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectlol.... the Pau trade being on the list is a joke...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2300070&mesg_id=2300160
2300160, lol.... the Pau trade being on the list is a joke...
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Tue Feb-18-14 04:29 PM
Marc Gasol has done plenty to justify that trade... it's not even close to being lopsided..

But the Worthy deal should be higher for sure... What Cleveland was thinking about swaping 1st round picks with the Lakers and basically trading Butch Lee for Don Ford.... I never understood why Cleveland made that deal.... The Lakers were already a championship level team...and Cleveland was a terrible team. How could they have ever thought that the pick they were sending the Lakers was going to be worse than the pick the Lakers got back from them???

never understood that..

and to top it off ..obviously the Cleveland front office knew who the ballers in College basketball were at the time...Worthy...Cummings...Dominique..... and more....

that is the most lopsided deal ever in my book...

another interesting thing is that the Lakers being able to draft Worthy..and previously Magic Johnson is what started to open the door for the league to adjust how the draft went..and how you compensate teams from losing free agents..

the Lakers got the pick to draft Magic as compensation for Gail Goodrich....an aging over the hill Gail Goodrich signing with the Jazz....that happening meant the Jazz had to give the Lakers 3 picks as compensation including the 1st round pick that became Magic...

then of course getting Worthy because of that Cavs deal...

Being a Laker fan and having basiclly a dynasty built behind getting 1st round draft picks in that way has always made me think it's crazy for ANY team to trade a 1st round pick...