Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectno lebron, west or baylor though?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2298095&mesg_id=2298614
2298614, no lebron, west or baylor though?
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Feb-13-14 10:07 AM
It's tough. I almost feel like the list should be separated into bigs and smalls.

I would have my lists like this

Bigs:
Wilt
Cap
Hakeem
Shaq
Russell
Duncan
Moses Malone
Karl Malone
David Robinson
George Mikan

Obviously a lot of tough ones to leave off there like Barkley, Dirk, Elvin Hayes, Bill Walton, Pat Ewing and many more. Russell/Duncan/Malone were hard to place for me, I could see arguments for jockeying of postions but went with some more dynamic offensive players ahead of them who were also dominant. I'm definitely prepared to defend Hakeem at No. 3, too lol.

Smalls:
Jorn!
Big O
Magic
Bird
Elgin Baylor
Dr J
Jerry West
Bron
Kobe
Zeke

You got huge scorers like George Gervin, AI and Rick Barry left off here, which sucks. I don't see where they fit in though. On the flipside it pained me to leave extraordinary distributors John Stockton, Gary Payton and Steve Nash off but again there just aren't that many slots.

The sky is the limit for Bron, I just didnt put him ahead of some guys out of respect for them and what they accomplished over long careers. I could see him being No. 2 before it's all over.