Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBron will pass Bird -soon- which is pretty much inevitable
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2298095&mesg_id=2298532
2298532, Bron will pass Bird -soon- which is pretty much inevitable
Posted by mtbatol, Thu Feb-13-14 12:50 AM
By highly, I mean Bird's heroics was second to none in terms of clutchness and he was a very underrated defender while his numbers stand on their own with him also sharing the scoring load with guys like McHale who took turns owning a couple Celtics scoring records.

Bird's career is still very comparable despite the last half of it being on a bum back. Alas he still won more rings which is one of the last legs I can stand on before I can say that Lebron is poised to surpass him in terms of a overall winning legacy.

I'm slowly giving in to Bron eventually surpassing that with him killing it at 58% FG is pretty much unprecedented and on par with when Bird did 50%/90%/40% and when Durant does so in the past few years of him inserting cheat codes into his own shooting formula.

I think this may be one of those better player/career arguments since I can see Lebron having a clearly better overall career given another year or two especially if he can nab another ring or two. Yet I would still take shit-talking head taunting Bird in terms of a dope player with balls-of-steel who I can trust in those last few minutes to give me a W who can be a great teammate yet a complete asshole to opponents.