Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectif it was deflective because you made it about me
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2294641&mesg_id=2294876
2294876, if it was deflective because you made it about me
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sat Feb-01-14 01:52 PM
and the 'tone' of my response to the issues. like who really gives a fuck? we're in here talking about a university cover up of rape yet it's my words which you only label as "disturbing"? yikes. that's some good deflection.

especially since there was nothing even remotely crude or inappropriate about my 3 sentence lead-in to what is a very newsworthy item, ie. not trolling.

>Also nice job distorting my words. Nothing in my post stated
>that it's "not fair game to rip on sex offenders" so I don't
>know why you
>had to assert that.

"One thing: you present a very reductive and
trollish approach to a serious issue. It's disturbing to see
fanbase gleefully seize upon something as disgusting as
rape allegations to "rub it in" on their rival."

What am I distorting here? So it's *ok* to rip on sex offenders but it just has to be done in a very specific manner in which - brown sugar - the ultimate judge of internet morality approves of? And who are we protecting exactly by tip-toeing around the situation? Gibbons and Lewan? Sorry, I don't give a fuck about those 2 low-lifes.

You clearly had a problem with something I said. Care to be specific?

To maybe put it into perspective for you. During the Winston issue I went over to a FSU board just to see what people were saying...and there was all sorts of personal information published about the accuser...posters calling her a lying whore, that she deserved it, pictures of sad faced half naked girls with meme's stating 'Just because you regret it doesn't mean it's rape", etc., etc. That's what I would go ahead and label as disturbing. Not just in it's tone but in it's real-world implications.

>FWIW, I also voiced my discomfort on these boards at people
>(i.e., guru)
>for using terms like "Ped U" when referring to PSU.

Congrats - you're officially a terrific human being!

>turning sex offenses into a point of glee in a sports rivalry
>context.

again, this is where you're deflecting. In all my years of posting here I can't recall seeing anyone 'gloating' over a rape case. I trust that the overwhelming majority of posters here (regardless of fan affiliation) do not like reading about athletes and rape and cover-ups.

>If you're sick of my "lecturing" just ignore my posts from now
>on.

Nobody here bothers me enough that I'd feel the need to ignore or no longer converse with them. I'm happy to point out how boring your lectures are and how deluded and pompous you come across. You wear the "michigan man" stereotype well.