Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectlet's discuss: Why do I still believe so much in Brock Lesnar?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2292914&mesg_id=2293449
2293449, let's discuss: Why do I still believe so much in Brock Lesnar?
Posted by Tiger Woods, Tue Jan-28-14 09:54 AM
They've tried monster giants so many times that fall flat on their face. He works about 2 months a year. He can't talk.

And yet still, Brock Lesnar is the most consistently credible character they have at their disposal. Let's discuss...why is this the case?

Is it the real world credentials of having been the UFC Heavyweight champion? Surely that's part of it, he's the only legitimately proven badass in the locker room.

Is it because he came from a time where he was able to get over on all time greats like The Rock, The Undertaker, Eddie Guerrero, and Triple H, henceforth legitimizing his reputation early? That probably contributes to it as well.

Is it a natural charisma? I'm not sure. He definitely has a distinct look, but he also lacks the explicitly visible "IT" that you see in John Cena or CM Punk.

No matter what his formula is, it's a proven one that works every single time he shows up. As a fan, he's the only guy whose opponents I'm fearful of. Why does Brock Lesnar still work so damn well guys?