Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectpacquiao to mayweather: let's fight for charity.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2290472
2290472, pacquiao to mayweather: let's fight for charity.
Posted by abstractionism, Sun Jan-19-14 05:51 PM
http://sports.inquirer.net/140591/pacquiao-to-mayweather-lets-fight-for-charity

GENERAL SANTOS CITY—Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao apparently has had enough of taunts from Floyd Mayweather Jr.
The eight-division Filipino world boxing champion finally threw down the gauntlet.
Saying he did not want to disappoint boxing fans around the world, Pacquiao on Saturday night challenged the undefeated American fighter to face him in the ring— and donate all the proceeds from their fight to charities.
“I’m not desperate to fight him just for the sake of money or material things. I’m not the one seeking this fight; rather it’s the boxing fans all over the world,” Pacquiao told the Inquirer on the phone.
Pacquiao said he was willing to fight Mayweather anytime, anywhere—even without a single centavo as prize money.
“I am ready to submit myself to any kind of stringent drug testing,” the Sarangani congressman said.
“Above all, I challenge him to include in our fight contract that both of us will not receive anything out of this fight. We will donate all the proceeds from the fight—guaranteed prize, should there be any, gate receipts, pay-per-view and endorsements—to charities around the world.”
Pacquiao said Mayweather should agree to such a fight—if the American was not afraid to meet him.
For fans’ sake
Pacquiao said he had nothing more to prove in the world of boxing.
“I have carved my own niche in the annals of boxing,” the Filipino champ said. “There’s no reason why I should be desperate to fight him. But since boxing fans worldwide are seeking and demanding a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight, I don’t want to disappoint them.”
During his trip to South Africa on Wednesday, Mayweather suggested that Pacquiao’s renewed desire to make their mega-fight happen came out of desperation after the Filipino’s back-to-back losses to Timothy Bradley and Juan Manuel Marquez in 2012, and his tax problems.
Pacquiao, however, said he had moved on from those losses, as proved by his classic performance against Brandon “Bambam” Rios in Macau in November last year. Pacquiao beat Rios by a unanimous 12-round decision.
“As to my tax problem, my lawyers are fixing it already,” Pacquiao said.
“I’m paying my taxes religiously. It is just a matter of reconciling our records with the tax agencies both here and abroad. Should there be any discrepancy, rest assured, I will settle it. I’m a lawmaker and I’m a law-abiding citizen.”
Final taunt
With regard to Mayweather’s supposed plan to retire in 2015, Pacquiao said that was the American’s ploy to avoid facing him in the ring.
“The public clamor for a Pacquiao-Mayweather bout is getting stronger. The only way he can avoid facing me in the ring is to retire from boxing,” Pacquiao said.
In a final taunt, Pacquiao said:
“Floyd, if you’re a real man, fight me. Let’s do it for the love of boxing and for the fans. Let’s do it not for the sake of money. Let’s make the boxing fans happy.”
2290478, lmao hell nah.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Jan-19-14 05:54 PM
2290480, LMFAO. GTFOH NIGGA.
Posted by Radio Rahim, Sun Jan-19-14 05:55 PM
2290485, lol at the faux nobility
Posted by micMajestic, Sun Jan-19-14 06:02 PM
The fans will still have to pay to see the fight.

Lately I've had the strangest feeling.... that you were GOOOONNNNEEEE
2290579, you can make fun of manny for this, but he is a noble dude.
Posted by Vex_id, Sun Jan-19-14 08:08 PM

-->

Breathe through the nose
keep the mouth closed.
Through the blood
Chi goes where the dow flows.
2290637, LOL nm
Posted by Binlahab, Sun Jan-19-14 09:16 PM

does it even matter?
2290686, nga whaaaaaaa?
Posted by LegacyNS, Sun Jan-19-14 09:48 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<---- 5....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlgiritpmfo

=======================================

Ditch the paper, save the trees, and go mobile! Text bizcard to 32462!
2290851, good symbolic counter to excuse # 12312314 from mayweather
Posted by southphillyman, Mon Jan-20-14 01:19 PM
this will not work because obviously mayweather will not fight for $0
but mayweather tried to make a new excuse for not fighting manny because he asserted manny just wanted the money for tax issues (not sure what bearing that has on mayweather fighting him but that was the excuse)
this is just a political counter by manny saying he will fight mayweather for nothing
2290881, So Pac wont be worried about the split then, right?
Posted by icecold21, Mon Jan-20-14 02:09 PM
What reason does Floyd have to not fight him at this point? Bitterness towards Arum?

Bullshit.

Money needs to make this happen.
2290882, yea that's the new excuse
Posted by southphillyman, Mon Jan-20-14 02:16 PM
>What reason does Floyd have to not fight him at this point?
>Bitterness towards Arum?

nevermind the fact floyd supposedly had no problem paying Manny (and by default Arum) $40 mil a year ago to fight
now manny must leave arum and divorce jinkee in order to get the fight:(