Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectwhen i read these three paragraphs of BULLSHIT
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2283016&mesg_id=2283540
2283540, when i read these three paragraphs of BULLSHIT
Posted by Beamer6178, Thu Jan-02-14 04:08 PM
"I also take issue with the fact that O’Brien did not "give a ---- what the ‘Paterno people’ think" about what he did with the program. O’Brien didn’t have to coach according to JVP’s playbook, but he should have some respect for the fact that everything that the Penn State football program means is because of Paterno. Joe Paterno is the reason that Beaver Stadium holds 110,000 fans. Joe Paterno is also the reason the stadium was nearly full for almost every game. Season ticket holders bought season tickets because of what Joe Paterno did with the program. And if anyone thinks that there aren’t those who aren’t in the stands anymore because of the way the University ultimately treated Paterno, they are flat out wrong.

O’Brien had exactly the wrong attitude that the Penn State football coach should have. The next Penn State football coach should realize that he is in Happy Valley to do more than just coach the team. The football coach should mold boys into men of integrity. The football coach should be an example of Penn State’s values. The football coach should display the same loyalty that players and fans have for Penn State. And the football coach should respect the rich history of Penn State football - and the fact that it would be nothing without Joe Paterno.

I guess I’m one of those "Paterno people" that Jones implied O’Brien didn’t care about. So Coach, go ahead: put your fist through that windshield. At one point, we were all Paterno people. If you don’t care what JVP’s supporters think of the program, then you never got what Penn State is about."

I think about no one endeavoring to discover who the fuck that kid was in the shower. These fucks can roll up their fond memories of Paterno and shove it up their ass then swallow it again.

I fucks with O'Brien on the strength of this alone.

>http://www.blackshoediaries.com/2014/1/1/5263776/bill-obrien-didnt-get-it
>
>What PSU fans dont get if you take away all the controversy
>and just think of this like any other job where there was no
>issue and the coach just left after being there forever is
>that guys like Paterno don't exist anymore. They were very
>spoiled by a coach like Paterno who spent his entire life
>there and Penn State is a stepping stone job to nearly every
>other coach out there (save a few PSU guys).
>
>To think this is not going to happen over and over again is
>just blind arrogance.
>
>That is how it works in a normal situation, let alone one like
>this.