Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRomo out the rest of the season per ESPN
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2280161
2280161, Romo out the rest of the season per ESPN
Posted by josephmurf2384, Mon Dec-23-13 04:23 PM
Looks like he won't have the chance to throw hat game losing pick.
2280164, BEARDED WHOM RIDE!!
Posted by ErnestLee, Mon Dec-23-13 04:32 PM
2280166, lmao stop playing.....
Posted by southphillyman, Mon Dec-23-13 04:35 PM
oh shit tis true....
"we going to the playoffs we going to the playoffs" (c) eddie murph delirious voice

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo will miss the rest of the season due to a back injury, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

EnlargeTony Romo
Brad Mills/USA TODAY SportsTony Romo overcame a back injury Sunday to rally the Cowboys past the Redskins, but he will not be able to play the rest of the season, a source said.

The Cowboys (8-7) host the Philadelphia Eagles (9-6) on Sunday with the winner capturing the NFC East title. Kyle Orton likely will now get the start against the Eagles.

Romo said Sunday he would undergo an MRI on his back Monday, but he didn't believe it would jeopardize his availability for the game against Philadelphia.

Romo said his back, which was sore coming into Sunday's victory over the Washington Redskins, troubled him after a hit in the first half.

"That triggered it a little bit," Romo said Sunday. "Whatever the kid did on that one play, it really sent something that didn't feel comfortable.

"But it's in a completely different spot than the back stuff I had last year, so that's a good sign."

Romo had surgery in April to remove a cyst from his back and did not take a snap until the team reached training camp in Oxnard, Calif., in July.

Romo was noticeably limping as he carried out play fakes on running plays. In the fourth quarter, he appeared to be in trouble even more after spinning free from the pocket on a third-down throw to Miles Austin. Romo appeared to kick the back of his leg as he escaped trouble, but he did not miss a snap.

Romo completed 17 of 27 passes for 226 yards, including the game-winning touchdown to DeMarco Murray on fourth-and-goal from the Washington 10 with 1:08 to play.

Romo has dealt with numerous injuries over the years, including a broken rib in 2011. He hurt his ribs again in last year's season-ending loss to the Redskins.
2280172, Lol i'm at the bar and posting from my phone
Posted by josephmurf2384, Mon Dec-23-13 04:42 PM
i was like no one is gonna believe this without a swipe.
2280167, well that's dissappointing.
Posted by Cenario, Mon Dec-23-13 04:35 PM
2280170, smart move antonio
Posted by IceburgSmurf, Mon Dec-23-13 04:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOoXwxqeVzg

can't throw that game losing pick if you're not on the field

2280173, And he saves Garrett's job
Posted by Organ, Mon Dec-23-13 04:42 PM
FUCK!

2280180, Neckbeard Rising!
Posted by Innocent Criminal, Mon Dec-23-13 04:56 PM
2280193, Sheeeeeeeeeeesh.
Posted by luvlee2003, Mon Dec-23-13 05:39 PM
I don't know how to feel right now...

This is a curse right? We're clearly operating under the hold of a curse caused by Jerry, right?

2280196, If Orton and Dallas win...
Posted by Melanism, Mon Dec-23-13 05:46 PM
...will the story be "Without Romo, Dallas wouldn't even be in this position?" or "Without Romo, Dallas wouldn't even BE in this position"
2280199, thats actually what i want now...kills two birds...
Posted by IceburgSmurf, Mon Dec-23-13 06:00 PM
--The "Romo would have f'd this up" storyline

--The "Garrett is a hell of a coach" narrative

-- and the eagles snatch defeat from the jaws of victory plotline.

im positively rapt.....positively rapt

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_U84zw_SeVfw/S66KOUwbLRI/AAAAAAAAHDU/8Y36x1OSI3I/s1600/E+mesmerized+by+lights.jpg
2280198, lol...I'm so ok with this...
Posted by Dstl1, Mon Dec-23-13 05:57 PM
we're gonna get dismantled. We'll see how much Tony covers for this team's flaws. too bad he gutted it out long enough to save Garrett's job.
2280204, yeah this game looks ripe for shenanigans.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Dec-23-13 06:26 PM