Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThis is why I asked you how you felt about the Dion pick
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2264992&mesg_id=2265050
2265050, This is why I asked you how you felt about the Dion pick
Posted by auragin_boi, Thu Nov-21-13 12:56 PM
when they drafted him.

The Cavs are at least 'trying' but they seem to always fuck things up somehow (along with a bit of bad luck).

Tristan was prolly the right pick in 2011 after they got Kyrie. Only Klay was prolly deserving of consideration at #4 but that was still kinda high for him at the time. Maybe they trade down with the Warriors and net a young big or something and get Klay but outside of that...eh. Faried, Nikola Vucevic were unknowns.

Only Jonas woulda been a better pick and it took a season for him to get to the US. Then instead of taking Singler or Parsons in the second round, they took Justin Harper...another PF. Dumb. They needed shooters to develop to open the floor for Kyrie and had a guy with double-double potential at #4 already.

in 2012, everybody but the Cavs knew the picks for them were either, Barnes or Drummond. A SF that could shoot and play D and not have to worry about being the #1 guy (nor prolly doesn't desire that designation) but could grow and help that team win or a Big C to develop as insurance because Andy is fragile (if you're gonna take a chance on Bynum, may as well done so with Drummond).

And this yr Ben McLemore shoulda been the pick, even with #1. Trade Waiters for a SF. Maybe to ATL in a sign and trade for Josh Smith or Den for Iggy. Shoulda took Plumlee and kept Allen Crabbe too.

Kyrie
B-Mac
Josh or Iggy
Tristan
Drummond

^^^How I woulda did it.

He not gonna win a title in Clev (unless Bron come back).