Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecthow many times did he get lucky exactly?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2264945&mesg_id=2280927
2280927, how many times did he get lucky exactly?
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Dec-26-13 11:45 PM
got "lucky" for KG, got "lucky" for ray allen, "got lucky" for rondo and "got lucky" to dump these worthless assets for first rounders?

dude always said that cap space was overrated, that favorable contracts, picks and picks that could become assets were the key. he outlined his strategy and he executed it.

i dont know how many times it needs to be asked but can someone show me another star who netted a player as good as al jefferson? seriously. gasol is probably the next one down and that is a hindsight thing, people cried about that deal much more than jefferson even. iverson got andre miller, mcgrady got declining francis/mobley, shaq got odom/butler and you could go through these deals all day. only recently (melo, deron, paul) have stars fetched even close to fair value and even that required some unusual circumstances.

ainge doesn't do sexy things for the media to pick up on the way morey or even kupchak does. he just does effective things and i think he is fine with not getting praise for it. how hard was it for auerbach and west to make trades once they won a bunch of them? as a GM, you prefer your profile low.