Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectNo, I meant exactly what I said and I had it right.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2261351&mesg_id=2286496
2286496, No, I meant exactly what I said and I had it right.
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Jan-08-14 12:44 PM
Unless, of course, you think he's some Brock, Rock, Austin, Hogan level star. You know, the kind of guy Vince is ALWAYS waiting to hear from so he can hot shot buys for the next PPV or spike ratings for a week.

Let's not act as if ALBERT, of all people, is the kind of guy who tells Vince " Don't call me, I'll call you." while Vince desperately tries to sell him on a return.

>I'm sure after main eventing a number of shows for New Japan
>Pro Wrestling and having good matches there the last thing he
>would have expected to do was come back to the WWE with a fake
>mustache and wearing wack jumpsuits.

And? What, you think they should push his ass to the top of the card because he had some success in Japan? Newsflash: Different shit works over there. Success there doesn't mean success here, and not just because of WWE creative.

>Fact is, he got over in other places. But nobody gets over in
>WWE unless they get themselves over in spite of creative.

I give two fucks where he got over. He's terrible. The "other places" you're talking about is pretty much just Japan, and there are such stark cultural differences in the fan reception of the business between here and there that it's ridiculous to cite it as an example to show creative dropping the ball.