Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Goddamn Too Cool fucking sucks.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2261351&mesg_id=2286248
2286248, RE: Goddamn Too Cool fucking sucks.
Posted by MaxPtah, Tue Jan-07-14 07:28 PM
I'm with you all the way on BC, but Lawler?

Nah.

And it might be biased, let me preface this now.

I grew up watching Lawler feud with Flair, Savage, The Hulk Machine, Hennig, Zbyszko, Nick Bockwinkel, and Blanchard and Anderson came down for matches with him and Idol. I saw some classic shit. Yeah, USWA was that redneck whatever you're talking about, but the stuff that came before that? Yeah, I saw all that. Lawler is no technical wrestler by any standard and people like to talk about his physique not being "wrestler-like". The low brow shit came when Vince came around and used them as a minor league. Even I really couldn't get into it (although it was cool to see The Rock and Kurt Angle around town). Yeah, in no way shape or form was it cool for him to feud with Bret or anyone in the WWF at that time. He wasn't in their league and he was starting on his downturn, and was more in booking at that time. So I'm with you on that. Even the matches here in Memphis sucked. If you're judging Lawler by that, ok I respect your opinion there. But mid 70's to mid 80's Lawler was great. But like I said it could just be me being biased.