Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectraw rundown: slammy edition (guest star: Seattle, WA)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2261351&mesg_id=2274397
2274397, raw rundown: slammy edition (guest star: Seattle, WA)
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Dec-10-13 03:38 AM
first off, last week was another terrible Raw with a wack ending.

now to this week. since this is the longest i have consistently watched wrestling since...06, this is the first time i've ever even heard of the slammys. so i was rather interested to see what exactly it is. they really run this shit like an award show lol.

- Bryan vs Fandango. good opener, got the hometown crowd hot. i wouldn't have minded if they let it go another 5 mins. more Wyatts/Bryan teasing in a post-match promo.
- Santino vs Sandow (feat. Big E on commentary). nothing special. more setup for Big E/Sandow at TLC after the match.
- I consider HBKs Doublecross award of the Lifetime Achievement variety.
- Kofi vs Miz. this feud would really benefit some backstage fuckery.
- Diva of the Year: Bella Twins. Deserved winners. AJ stans wept and vehemently booed. Eve Torres got even hotter since leaving.
- Show/Rey/Rhodes vs Rybaxel/Real Americans. The Rey/Cody tag combo at the end was nice.
- Superstar of the Year: D-Bry. Go Seahawks!
- Sin Hunico vs ADR. only thing of note here is that Hunico gave ADR a concussion. the Sin Cara character is clearly cursed. i dug the theater lighting too.
- Broadus vs Xavier. I guess Broadus was really mad about that theme music because he flattened Xavier.
- Insult of the Year: Right person, wrong situation. They should've gave it to Stephanie for when she killed Miz. Just to have him present it to her.
- Punk vs Ambrose. Punk didn't shit himself tonight like he did on Smackdown so that's a plus. great match. more Shield dissension too. and a SPEAR!
- Harper/Rowan vs Usos
- Match of the Year: Rock vs Cena. Yeah, no.
- The Ascension Ceremony: first off, stupid name. alright so 20 champs in one ring. apparently last week's HHH revisionism wasn't enough so we had to get a bit more.*** constant Bryan chants over HHH talking lol. he's dying laughing. Christian sighting! Orton's out here cooking on the mic for once. Cena comes back w/ heat leeching off Bryan and shooting (even though damn near everything he said about Orton applies to himself as well). I actually hope Orton wins now. Then absolute chaos pops off w/ Cena, Orton, Punk, HBK, HHH & Bryan. Stephanie gets knocked over amidst it all and Orton catches a Pedigree for it. Closing shot, Cena & The Authority looking down on Orton, Bryan chants over everything. I reeeeeally hope Orton wins now.
***edit bonus: Punk's reaction to "Greatest WWE Champ" Triple H - http://i.minus.com/icTn0LcPpNDJD.gif

Yall gotta at least peep the finale. Best one since I started back watching. the Slammys are cool too. Seattle crowd was awesome.