Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectSPOTLIGHT!!!!! anyone still maintain Melo better than PG? speak up
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2258230
2258230, SPOTLIGHT!!!!! anyone still maintain Melo better than PG? speak up
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 11:02 AM

let's just get it out the way.
2258237, When your post goes wood, it's probably because you won
Posted by the_time_is_when_god...lounge, Thu Nov-07-13 11:06 AM
2258238, It's feast or famine with your agendas right now
Posted by Servo, Thu Nov-07-13 11:06 AM
Paul George looks incredible out the gate, but AB has been terrible.

I give you mad props for Klay Thompson, but Austin Rivers is terrible.

I don't know all your agendas though, just a quick observation.
2258256, oh, i can give you a run down, if you need comprehensive updates....
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 11:26 AM

i shouldn,t bother because this thread about one thing and one thing only, but at the risk of derailment...

harden a star...no one talks as if he isn't anymore, so that's dead.

telfair out the league and not better than jameer...my L.

blake a star and power-games his way to points on the NBa level, like i predicted...goalposts got moved, which i rolled with, and now he gotta win a title....TBD

love a star...dead issue.

jennings still better than rubio, but prolly won't be what i expected, which was the 2nd best PG after kyrie by the start of the 2014 season....split

klay...on his way to stardom. i am sole owner. there isn't even an impending IPO here.

rivers...huge letdown...but, he has raw skills that still give me hope....big L on this one.

PG/Melo...yeah.

Kyrie best PG by 2014...undeterred. unworried.

greg monroe and favors...best bigs from 2010 draft. if monroe is the second player from this class to make the AS game this year...this is a massive W for me.

trevor ariza is better at wining basketball than rudy gay...i'm winning, no matter what anyone says. rudy is terrible.

russy better than rose and is the leader of OKC...he just is.

chandler parsons >>>>>> gordon hayward...damn, i was winning this easy a few months ago. damn, my collar jive tight now. however, i'm still the sole owner of parons. no IPO on the horizon.

Hendo >>>> Deronzan and Terrance Williams....split.

Mike Conley Jr is just as good as Lawson, Wall, Jrue and all other Fat Lever disciples....winning.

Luol >>> Josh Smith...been winning this for years. By no criteria am I losing, but you know how mad bammas try to flip things.

i'm sure there's more, but whatever.

2258280, I knew some of those, but not all
Posted by Servo, Thu Nov-07-13 12:03 PM
I've always said you man up and take your L's, which I respect.

Like I said, I'm giving you mad props on Klay Thompson. I'm sure no one saw that coming. You are definitely sole owner of that. I know I thought he was gonna suck.

Chandler Parsons was another good one for you.

I told you, I'm with you on Kyrie. I don't understand where all the hate comes from.

I had no idea you had that many agendas out there. I normally stay out of them, but I'm thinking of taking some sides instead of riding the fence/keeping it to myself. I read more than post around here though.

2258328, Nah. This is an L, granted not a huge one but I had this right from jump
Posted by Bombastic, Thu Nov-07-13 01:15 PM
because as a guy not that big on Rudy Gay's game, I knew to focus on Trevor Ariza's lack thereof.

>
>trevor ariza is better at wining basketball than rudy
>gay...i'm winning, no matter what anyone says. rudy is
>terrible.
>
Say what you will about Gay, Ariza is worse.

You said Ariza could go put up Rudy Gay numbers on wack teams, Ariza signed to Houston (worse than Memphis at the time) immediately after that to be the go-to-guy making 5/34 million, he promptly scored 14 with a shooting percentage in the 30s.

He was so bad they had to trade for Kevin Martin at the end of a non-playoff year just to have someone other than Ariza shoot, then dump his deal off for Courtney Lee in the offseason.

He then went to the Hornets, starting guard on a bottom feeder playoff team, shot in the 30's again and averaged 10.

They traded him the next year to the Wizards.

He's now become Trevor Ariza's Expiring Contract this season, not getting all that much time on a team that ain't won a game all year or made the playoffs in half a decade.

He also might not be in the league after this season ends.

Oh....and the Lakers won another title after Ariza left, with a washed-up Artest who isn't better than Gay either.

They would have won with Rudy on either of those teams, probably even a little bit easier.

Ariza worse.

2258335, yeah, i said that, but that wasn't the issue
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 01:31 PM
the issue was who you'd rather have as your starting SF if you tryna win an NBA title.

so, if you pressed i'll gladly cop to trev not being as skilled a scorer as rudy gay. that's a separate issue. the whole agenda not an L because of this, especially when bammas was callin rudy a STAR when this popped off.

2258367, fair enough, only way I'd agree on this part if we eliminated salary
Posted by Bombastic, Thu Nov-07-13 02:55 PM
>the issue was who you'd rather have as your starting SF if
>you tryna win an NBA title.
>
if they're making the same money (back when the discussion was happening Gay was still on his rookie deal so Ariza was actually making slightly more), Rudy Gay is clearly a better player to have in any starting lineup than Trevor Ariza.

Rudy ain't gonna be gunnin' it up without reprisal on a Kobe Bryant team with two All-Star big men.

He can knock down those open shots Ariza got & run the floor but additionally get a shot a play breaks down.

Neither is really a difference-maker defensively.
2258386, rudy not as good on D. and he not smarter.
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 03:37 PM
2258391, I don't know who told you Ariza was smart but he is dumb as fuck
Posted by Bombastic, Thu Nov-07-13 03:50 PM
he makes Matt Barnes look like Battier.

Rudy would have to work a bit more on team D but would do so with a reduced role as a Laker, Feel Jackson as his coach & Kobe giving him the stinkeye.
2258393, disagree...
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 04:01 PM
there's actual visuals of trevor being smart at a championship level. you can't just say fear of kobe and phil's coaching was responsible for everything he did.

no such evidence for rudy.
2258445, RE: disagree...
Posted by Bombastic, Thu Nov-07-13 05:37 PM
>there's actual visuals of trevor being smart at a
>championship level. you can't just say fear of kobe and phil's
>coaching was responsible for everything he did.
>
At 'Championship Level' Trevor Ariza shot 35% for 11 PPG & 6 RBS in the NBA Finals while getting scored on by Rashard Lew & Turkeyglue fairly easily.

The small attributes he has are solely athletic rather than based on his aptitude for the game or some title-tested intangible.

Dude was easily the least-important member of the starters as well as Odom on the bench.

Of Lakers that played at all that year the only ones he was more important than were Luke Walton, Jordan Farmar & Sasha Vujacic.

Two of those guys are out of the league, the other one was out last year & like probably Ariza none will be in the NBA after this season.

Artest was terrible by the time he got to L.A. & still had more smart championship level moments than Ariza did with the same squad a year earlier.

>no such evidence for rudy.

Because Rudy actually was a high-draft pick who went to a bad team and played well enough to stick around & even get an (ill-advised but still indicative of someone thinking he had value) max-deal, Ariza was just toss-in trade-piece on his third team in three years who lucked up and landed in a good place that could give him a role since they were spending most of their cap money on their stars.

There was no team Rudy was on capable of winning a title & I'll just have to disagree that swapping him out for Trevor Ariza would have made the 2009 Lakers tank in the postseason.

My opinion, even as a guy who isn't a big fan of Rudy, is that he makes it even easier for that team to win.

Trevor Ariza is pretty much as replaceable & irrelevant as it gets, which is why he's on his sixth team in eight years and will be in Europe soon.
2258898, RE: oh, i can give you a run down, if you need comprehensive updates....
Posted by bshelly, Fri Nov-08-13 08:34 AM

>telfair out the league and not better than jameer...my L.

nice
2258240, wish i had the motivation to find that thread with niggas saying they'd
Posted by southphillyman, Thu Nov-07-13 11:10 AM
pick melo over bron during that finals melt down
my goodness some dumb shit was in there
2258305, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...i bet
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 12:31 PM
2258459, Wish i cld find the thread claiming Bron cldn't win w/ Wade and Bosh...
Posted by theeraser, Thu Nov-07-13 06:13 PM
2258242, I haven't watched Melo play this season, but
Posted by John Forte, Thu Nov-07-13 11:14 AM
in the one game I saw PG play, he looked pretty bad. Forcing shots, and playing like he's not. I just peeped his averages this season, and they liik great, but he didn't pass the eye test in that Pelicans game.

I fear he's going to become a hero-baller, and frankly, he's not really built for that shit.
2258247, All I hear is sizzling up in this thread.
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Nov-07-13 11:16 AM
2258284, I'd rather talk about how WALL is better than KYRIE
Posted by Starks dunked on Bulls, Thu Nov-07-13 12:08 PM
2258288, http://tinyurl.com/krcgb4a
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Nov-07-13 12:13 PM
http://tinyurl.com/krcgb4a
2258290, when you set a STANDARD by which to DETERMINE this...we can
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 12:14 PM
because if we going off the first week, during which NJJ got his team ONE win...well, i guess he better than rose, too, huh?

see, y'all can come at me with this garbage because no one is gonna be help accountable for saying NJJ is better than kyrie irving. as much as dudes wanna give fake-love to kyrie on this board, i KNOW 99.9% of them hated on him before that draft and NEED for him to fall off.

he younger and better. it bothers y'all.
2258292, DTS
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 12:17 PM
2258299, You're right.....he is younger. And that's about it.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Nov-07-13 12:24 PM
2258301, oh, and he's already an-all-star
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 12:26 PM
that's about it.
2258310, http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/GHIS92513.jpg
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Nov-07-13 12:38 PM
http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/GHIS92513.jpg

Hey Ahmad, do you get an All-Star game bonus every time you mention it in an attempt to get people make it relevant in basketball discussions or is it just a personal quest of yours?
2258314, for two dudes who haven't been to the playoffs
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 12:42 PM
one who been in the L 4 years and is 23, carries 17, 8, 4 averages. NO PERSONAL ACCOLADES

one who been in the L 3 years and is 21, carries 21,6 and 4 averages. ALL-STAR, ROY, 3 POINT SHOOTOUT CHAMP

dogg, your feelings belong under a space shuttle launch and inside a volcano right now.

edit: forgot that 3 point shootout patch on kyrie's jacket.
2258315, How about 1 dude who still hasn't shown he's a winning pg yet? :-(
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Nov-07-13 12:45 PM
How'd you lose to the Bucks though?

Also Kyrie inching closing to a double double. He just has to work out those kinks.

You think Jack gets one before him?
2258317, so, you're talking about both of them?
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 12:46 PM
2258318, Nah, John showed that LAST year. What up with the Bucks though?
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Nov-07-13 12:52 PM
2258323, you mean when they didn't make the playoffs his 3rd year there?
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 01:01 PM
and i won't get into the habit of a game-by-game thing this year. we know what has to happen, so if you was there eatin hot dogs and popcicle sticks refreshing the cavs-bucks score and were happy because it coincided with NJJ's much-needed first win of the year...cool. cavs gonna make the playoffs and the wiz won't...for the 4th straight year in Wall's career.
2258326, You mean because he missed half the season?
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Nov-07-13 01:12 PM
Of course you don't want to get into a game by game NOW.....lol....you're nigga is a dud and their season is gonna be a dud.
2258329, he didn't miss the previous two seasons...NO EXCUSES
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 01:18 PM
i don't wanna go game-by-game simply because it don't matter. i'm on bottomline/no excuses with kyrie this year.

5 games and he a dud...because NJJ been padding against weaker teams and got hemmed up against miami and got better numbers THIS MOMENT?

you not used to him having better numbers and you cysed. this gonna pass soon and then you'll be in full excuse mode, tryna cyse AD...or cuz when he have a nice non-crazy night.

2258336, NO.....you don't want to talk about it now, cuz it doesn't suit you.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Nov-07-13 01:31 PM
And don't get it twisted. Just because I'm talking about John in this post.

I'm talking about EVERYBODY that's bubbling....A.D., Cuz, Bledsoe, MKG, Kanter, Knight, P-Patt, T-Jones....on and on and on.

I talk about ALL of them. We have a roster.

You're just focusing on Wall because you have nothing to say about those guys. Your best shot is Kyrie. And please miss me with "Wait til Jabari comes". Nope.....he's not even James Young let alone Randle.

And I already told you don't let Bledsoe be better too.
2258344, if that's what you think...cool
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 01:45 PM

no one you named has done a thing. wall won a game and now you invading threads with your chest out. long season.
2258349, Yes, that's what I'm doing. This is the first I talked about Wall all year.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Nov-07-13 02:00 PM
You had a sideways comment about Wall knowing that I'd appear.
2258352, congrats on NJJ's 1st win, dude
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 02:09 PM
playoffs is all that matters. you weren't interested in stats for two years, so i don't care to discuss one week. i bought into this playoffs-for-the-win criteria on this agenda and i'm sticking to it. you skippin around too much. i bring up kyrie individual accomplishments and your ass immediately lands on your back and your lips poke out and you whine about WINNING, as if ANY of THESE dudes have won in the NBA...so, i'mma keep it right there.

playoffs is all that matters here. wall bout to got 0-4. then, ain't no amount of BS you gonna be able to throw out there. i done put aside better numbers and more awards IN LESS YEARS to meet you on an all-or-nothing playoffs or die brawl for it scenario. you should be flat out kissing me feet for agreeing to this.

so, forgive me if i ain't interested in game-to-game chest-beating.
2258356, You still don't get it. Smh.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Nov-07-13 02:22 PM
I'm still talking playoffs and wins. And I'm still talking about Kyrie only being good at shooting.

And you'll still lose on both.

The Cavs got 2 wins and you giddy?

Kyrie is averaging 7 apg. It'll come down to 5 again, but that's cool for now.
2258359, after ONE WEEK...i'm not ANYTHING
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 02:25 PM
you are.
2258363, GTFOH....you was on some..."The Wiz are losing....the Cavs got a win".
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Nov-07-13 02:38 PM
Now you taking a high ground? Please dude.
2258384, so, that's why you in a PG/Melo thread mad? because they finally won?
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 03:36 PM
because i was partying because that early schedule gonna put them in a hole? because i kept saying 0-8 or 1-7 start?

well, CRY...you got your 1. here comes the 7.
2258397, Nope....because you led me here.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Nov-07-13 04:02 PM
I was ready to party on Melo. But NO....

You couldn't let that diversion tactic go.

You losing focus.
2258399, right. i made you do it. okay.
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 04:02 PM
2258427, You know the drill.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Nov-07-13 04:51 PM
2258360, how has wall shown he is a winner? lmao, too soon, too soon
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Nov-07-13 02:26 PM
if you have this much confidence, let it play out and reap the rewards later
2258380, Last year he showed how he positively effects the team winning.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Nov-07-13 03:28 PM
And it's not too soon.

I'm letting this dude pay every little step.
2258650, dude you are cysing .500 ball for half a season in the east
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Nov-07-13 10:54 PM
let it sink in
2258666, he's desperate
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 11:06 PM
he hasn't been able to say shit about wall for kyrie's first two years, so he's been reduced to that. it's pathetic.
2259496, Nah, showing when Player A plays and the team wins vs....
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Sat Nov-09-13 06:26 PM
Player B playing and the team loses matters.
2259756, It proves Wall is better than absolutely no one. Wow. Spectacular.
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Nov-10-13 10:30 AM
Irving played better last night than I have ever seen Wall play in my life.
2258385, man way too much importance was placed on Wall's 'winning' last season
Posted by Bombastic, Thu Nov-07-13 03:36 PM
The Wiz were so far out of it that nobody cared by the time John John got in there in mid-January whatever.

The team still finished 29-53.

That's better than the 4-28 they were in the beginning of the year without him but shit, what isn't?

It still means they went .500 on the back-end of a lost half a season with Wall in the lineup.

I think the closest they got to .500 overall, after not winning until their 13th game, was 29-47.

They then lost their last six games to end the season.

The Wizards jumped the gun maxing this guy out before they had to do so because they're more concerned with public-perception than they should be.

They've been so sorry for so long that they felt they needed to sign him to make a statement more than wondering 'wait, what has this guy done to warrant 90 million dollars?' because we know the answer for that is 'not much of anything'.

They then start double-down on win-now moves on a team that prolly still won't make the playoffs or if they do will just be first-round fodder.

I say that as someone who said Wall would be better than Rose by this year.

However much time he's missed so far I've seen enough & it's looking like it ain't enough.

He really hasn't developed any kind of identity as a player or leader thus far and most guys that panned out as the perennial All-Star PG I thought he'd be had done so by now.

I know injuries have played a role in that but I'm not sure how much.

Woulda made much more sense to let this season play out or at least not start discussing it until after the AS break because to be locked into a contract paying John Wall nearly 18 million in the 2019 season is an enormous risk to put it mildly.
2258387, after two years of stagnation in his development, they latched on to it
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 03:39 PM
they HAD to. it's literally all they have to support any kind of argument on dude's behalf.

6 weeks. and all of a sudden he's not the 16 and 8, 40% shooter that we KNOW he is. he's something more now. we shall see.
2258452, yeah, it's just odd that the Wizards brass is actually worried about
Posted by Bombastic, Thu Nov-07-13 05:56 PM
servicing the sentiments of those fans' needs.

But then again, guess that's indicative of a bad organization which they've been for quite some time.
2258388, Nah, to take a shitty team and make them an average team matters
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Nov-07-13 03:45 PM
His identity as a facilitator and catalyst on both ends is already there.
2258447, matters over the course of a full season but in a playing-out-the-string
Posted by Bombastic, Thu Nov-07-13 05:42 PM
back-end of a foregone conclusion lottery NBA season?

It doesn't matter all that much, not enough to outweigh the context & sample size enough for a max deal when he's still under control for two off-seasons.

He got that off what he was (#1 overall pick) and *supposed* to be sometime down the road, along with Washington needing to sell that for PR purposes.
2258286, Melo was better last year
Posted by DJR, Thu Nov-07-13 12:09 PM
That was the argument.

Hopping on a 23 year old good players bandwagon and assuming he'll become better than the 30 year old at some point? Come on.
2258289, make like a tree and stop lying, dude
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 12:13 PM
2258308, I'm not, that was the argument
Posted by DJR, Thu Nov-07-13 12:33 PM
It wasn't who was "going to be" better.

It's a week into the season. I've watched less than a half of Paul George....he knocked down a few jump shots, and made some FTs. Still didn't look good at finishing in traffic, and threw up some hopeless shots.

Based on a week, I'm still going Melo despite his slow start. We know what he can do.

At some point George will pass him due to the age difference. So what?
2258311, the argument was PG was gonna outplay him in that series
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 12:38 PM
if you wanna split hairs and be 100% on point.

he outplayed him. that's why the pacers won. he made plays and melo sharted on himself in three 4th quarters.
2258551, he didn't outplay him though, so we're just going in circles on that
Posted by DJR, Thu Nov-07-13 08:28 PM
And the Pacers won because they were the better team.

George shot like shit and turned the ball over a lot, he wasn't that great in that series.
2258844, No chubby gunner wasn't better.
Posted by Szabo, Fri Nov-08-13 01:33 AM
There is this word.. it starts with D.
2258888, yeah, and Melo played it well
Posted by DJR, Fri Nov-08-13 07:27 AM
Held David West well below his normal averages.
2258294, He Still Is
Posted by RexLongfellow, Thu Nov-07-13 12:19 PM
A slow start into the season isn't gonna change that
Keep overreacting though
2258295, *dap* for manning up
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 12:19 PM
2258316, You Know Me Man
Posted by RexLongfellow, Thu Nov-07-13 12:45 PM
When I'm wrong, I'll take the L...I'm not afraid to get roasted
2258312, Yes by far.
Posted by RaFromQueens, Thu Nov-07-13 12:39 PM
Melo is top 5 and PG has shown signs he maybe kinda deserves consideration for top 10. Sometimes. Just a little bit.
2258313, Sort of nm.
Posted by RaFromQueens, Thu Nov-07-13 12:39 PM
2258330, Top 5 What?
Posted by Bombastic, Thu Nov-07-13 01:19 PM
>Melo is top 5 and PG has shown signs he maybe kinda deserves
>consideration for top 10. Sometimes. Just a little bit.
2258338, Basketball players in the Nba.
Posted by RaFromQueens, Thu Nov-07-13 01:39 PM
What else? Top 5 Philly wish list?
2258361, pffffffffffffffffffffft
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Nov-07-13 02:26 PM
2258389, Definitely not that. We actually can afford to grab him this offseason
Posted by Bombastic, Thu Nov-07-13 03:47 PM
Lord knows we could provide Melo a cast with more talent upside & roster flexibility than the Knicks but who couldn't really.

However I doubt Hinkie wants him, since I'm sure his offensive inefficiency & lack of everything else will disagree with his franchise-building-data.

I'm not even sure I would want him to be honest even though I've been wanting for the Sixers to get a new 'franchise' guy for more than half a decade now.
2258879, ooooooooo so you pre-emptively hyping up Carmelo as a Sixer!?!?!?
Posted by Orbit_Established, Fri Nov-08-13 07:12 AM

Bwhahahahahaahhhahahahhaah

----------------------------

O_E: "Acts like an asshole and posts with imperial disdain"

"I ORBITs the solar system, listenin..."

(C)Keith Murray, "
2258900, no one wants Melo on the Sixers, don't worry
Posted by bshelly, Fri Nov-08-13 08:46 AM
2259757, lmao, never happen and i'm not intrested
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Nov-10-13 10:31 AM
i am praying he goes to the lakers so he can keep them average to bad a while longer.
2259766, you might wanna read past the subject-line, boss
Posted by Bombastic, Sun Nov-10-13 10:42 AM
2258370, These guys here are all better than Melo
Posted by Lach, Thu Nov-07-13 02:58 PM
Lebron
Harden
Durant
Howard
CP3
Love
Curry
George
Parker
Westbrook

2258416, Let's Correct This Quiz
Posted by RexLongfellow, Thu Nov-07-13 04:37 PM
>Lebron
Yes
>Harden
No
>Durant
Arguably, I'll give the points
>Howard
OK
>CP3
Yes
>Love
No
>Curry
No
>George
No
>Parker
No
>Westbrook
No
>
That's 6 out of 10 wrong...a 40 holmes
In short, you failed
2258435, if an offer came to NY for any of those guys for Melo...he's gone lol
Posted by Lach, Thu Nov-07-13 05:06 PM
2258453, LOL @ 'arguably' for Durant
Posted by Bombastic, Thu Nov-07-13 05:58 PM
>>Lebron
>Yes
>>Harden
>No
>>Durant
>Arguably, I'll give the points
>>Howard
>OK
>>CP3
>Yes
>>Love
>No
>>Curry
>No
>>George
>No
>>Parker
>No
>>Westbrook
>No
>>
>That's 6 out of 10 wrong...a 40 holmes
>In short, you failed
2259758, LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Nov-10-13 10:32 AM
>>Durant
>Arguably, I'll give the points

Seriously dude, get psychiatric help.
2259489, Melo has never missed the playoffs; Love has never made the playoffs.
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Sat Nov-09-13 06:04 PM
CP3 has talent around him now and still can't get anywhere in the playoffs.

Harden was in the finals as a 3rd banana and shit the bed, left to be the man and crapped out in the first round.

Cmon Lach - I see you.
2259761, tmac part 2 b/w he singlehandedly put the nuggs in jeopardy
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Nov-10-13 10:35 AM
and a certain GOAT bailed him out.
2259834, http://www.balldontstop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/ai-billups.jpg
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Sun Nov-10-13 01:57 PM
>and a certain GOAT bailed him out.

http://www.balldontstop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/ai-billups.jpg
2258332, I see some Melo stans are noticeably absent from this post lol
Posted by vee-lover, Thu Nov-07-13 01:24 PM
2258341, Oh word? Maybe I should just offer a bet to make you roaches scatter.
Posted by RaFromQueens, Thu Nov-07-13 01:40 PM
I'll come up with something.
2258340, Melo is taking the most shots and shooting the worst percentage in the league...
Posted by Lach, Thu Nov-07-13 01:40 PM
of anyone in the top 40 of scoring so far this year. Yikes. Pleas will be copped about how the team around him sucks yada yada yada.
2258343, Do you want to bet on him having the same numbers by the end?
Posted by RaFromQueens, Thu Nov-07-13 01:43 PM
2258362, He'll have the lowest shooting % of anyone in the top 20 in scoring
Posted by Lach, Thu Nov-07-13 02:30 PM
by season's end
2258419, Oh, You Mean Like Last Year?
Posted by RexLongfellow, Thu Nov-07-13 04:40 PM
When he shot better than James Harden and Westbrook? And shot better than a large portion of the top 20 scorers?

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/sort/avgPoints/year/2013

And I didn't even know he was a better option from 3 as well
2258436, lol. I need to leave yall NY fans alone
Posted by Lach, Thu Nov-07-13 05:09 PM
But I now see how some of you OKPs get these kicks
2258480, so you wanna put $100 on that stupid ass bet you just asked for?
Posted by Radio Rahim, Thu Nov-07-13 07:03 PM
2258533, hell no. I aint betting jack. I don't care like that lol
Posted by Lach, Thu Nov-07-13 08:12 PM
2258922, lmao you cared enough to say something stupid
Posted by cgonz00cc, Fri Nov-08-13 09:48 AM
"Above it all" wont fix that
2259507, him having the lowest % of anyone in the top 20 is very possible
Posted by Lach, Sat Nov-09-13 06:55 PM
you know this
2258409, Anthony Bennett better than 'Melo.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Nov-07-13 04:29 PM
2258414, Paul George better than both of them
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 04:32 PM
and better than LJ ever was.
2258931, Its NBA Finals or bust for George.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Fri Nov-08-13 10:05 AM

He is elite, after all.

(C)Keith Murray, "
2258935, if Indy is the #1 seed, having homecourt...he has no excuses.
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Nov-08-13 10:10 AM
that said, he's better than LJ ever was and better than Melo right today.
2258937, Nah, seeds mean nothing. He's a freak athlete with a perfect team.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Fri Nov-08-13 10:18 AM
>that said, he's better than LJ ever was and better than Melo
>right today.

He's got combative sidekick on the wing who will guard the
guys PG doesn't feel like guarding, freeing him up to operate
on offense

If Hibbert plays 1/2 as good as he played in the playoffs
and early this year, he's a runaway DPOY

Team should sweep a gimpy Heat team, quite honestly

(C)Keith Murray, "
2258944, no team is perfect.
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Nov-08-13 10:34 AM

if they prove to be the best team over 82, it's ultimately up to their best player to take them as far as their record suggests they can go.

that's always been the standard...when teams are pretty evenly matched, it's up to the franchise player. i'm not interested in changing it for PG or any else. once you start messing with that standard, things get ridiculous, as has been the case since May.
2258982, *record scratch*
Posted by Orbit_Established, Fri Nov-08-13 11:56 AM
...when teams are pretty evenly
>matched, it's up to the franchise player.

So the Knicks and Pacer were evenly matched in
the playoffs last year?

With Amare hurt, and Chandler hurt, and JR sniffing coke?

Cool, just wanted you to come out and say it.

(C)Keith Murray, "
2258995, yes...they were evenly matched...it went 6 games
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Nov-08-13 12:07 PM
no one cares about your excuses.
2258997, Bwahhhhahahah!!! NIGGAS SHOOTING THEMSELVES IN THE FOOT!!!!
Posted by Orbit_Established, Fri Nov-08-13 12:13 PM
>no one cares about your excuses.

So because it went six games, they were "evenly matched!?!?"

So Carmelo's Nuggets and Kobe's Lakers were "evenly matched"
in 2009? So Carmelo led a team "evenly matched" with the
eventual NBA Champions?!?!?!?

Bwhahahahhahhahahhhahahhahhahhahahhahhhahahahahhahaha

So Miami and Indiana was "evenly matched" in 2013?

Which, by deduction, means New York and Miami were "evenly
matched?"

And if they were, why were they when Miami has three
All-Star caliber players and and New York had ONE?

Wouldn't that mean that New York's superstar was pretty
good?

Or is he just fat, lazy, puerto rican and made them
"evenly matched" to the elite teams using Santeria?

Bwhahahhhahhahhahhahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahaha
ahahahahhahhahahahahahhahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhaha

(C)Keith Murray, "
2259000, in every series you ran down, the team that was SUPPOSED to win...did
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Nov-08-13 12:18 PM
because their superstars were the deciding factor.

tyson chandler was an all-star in 2013 and DPOY, which you somehow feel is important for PG IF hibbert wins it. well, tyson actually won it and melo did squat with that. he sharted himself in three 4th quarters.

take a knee
2259005, Roy Hibbert is the superstar on the Pacers?
Posted by Orbit_Established, Fri Nov-08-13 12:23 PM
>because their superstars were the deciding factor.
>
>take a knee

Because Paul George would tell you to your face that
Hibbert was the deciding factor in the Knicks series

Takes zero away from George, btw, who is a great player

But Hibbert was the difference in THAT series

Geez, you're just making up rules and metrics on the
fly now : - (

(C)Keith Murray, "
2259011, no need to rehash THAT series...we saw what happened
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Nov-08-13 12:27 PM
and we see what's happening.
2259013, Yeah, we saw Roy Hibbert be the "deciding factor." Wanna chit chat?
Posted by Orbit_Established, Fri Nov-08-13 12:29 PM
>and we see what's happening.

Wanna backtrack?

(C)Keith Murray, "
2259015, unlike, i've moved on from that series....
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Nov-08-13 12:36 PM

and unlike you, i know how to take an L and not pretend to be invincible.

you took a highly visible, widely-viewed mega-L and it's sad what it's done to you. you used to be focused and really good at dictating talking points. now, you just a dude who can't move forward.

like i said, you COULD be really going in with lance stephenson, but PG got you so shook, you don't wanna even allude to the pacers too much.

this is why i hope floyd never gets his ass beat...he'll act like have after than 700 reply L landed on your chin.
2259025, Nah, I want you to address who was the "deciding factor" in that series.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Fri Nov-08-13 12:47 PM

It was Roy Hibbert according to everyone who watched it.

Remember "Carmelo is a hoe...he's letting Hibbert scare
him?"

So the franchise player is always the "deciding factor?"

That's news to me and Paul George. We'd admit, like everyone,
that it was Hibbert in the Knicks series.

And Hibbert's dominance is why people started (correctly)
hyping up Indiana's chances against Miami -- he was alseep
and acting dumb all year. In the playoffs he transformed,
and looked to be that big man that could exploit Miami's
size

(C)Keith Murray, "
2259031, like i said, you USED to dictate talking points...
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Nov-08-13 12:55 PM
but then you started coming at me, a dude who won't fall for diversions or go down the rabbit hole with you. everyone has noticed and followed suit, and now you are lost without being able to employ your best tactic. i'mma just ignore you and stick with the CURRENT ISSUE, not something that's long been settled.

the ISSUE right today is: PG is better than Melo. you either disagree, stay silent or bounce. that's what THIS thread is about.

you've tried to derail this thread twice now. get over yourself and talk about the ISSUE or bounce, dogg.
2259037, NOOOOOPE!! Nigga trying to retreat into basics...Nah, too late.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Fri Nov-08-13 12:58 PM

So, was Roy Hibbert the deciding factor (like everyone
said) or not?

(C)Keith Murray, "
2259041, please refer to the original post
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Nov-08-13 01:00 PM
2259044, Cool, so you concede all that other shit is wrong.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Fri Nov-08-13 01:01 PM

I respect an honest retreat.

(C)Keith Murray, "
2259051, i don't respect 6 month-long and counting diversions
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Nov-08-13 01:11 PM
2259760, lmao @ perfect team! and seed means nothing, eh?
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Nov-10-13 10:33 AM
how many low seeds have EVER won the nba title?
2258411, o and I'm ignoring this until you man up on Born Ready
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Nov-07-13 04:30 PM

(C)Keith Murray, "
2258412, diversion...nothing to man up to...
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 04:32 PM
i simply said i have no interest in that agenda and left it to you. happy he's doing well, as it helps my guy.
2258462, Cool, I'll ignore your P. George diversion, I mean agenda
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Nov-07-13 06:25 PM
>i simply said i have no interest in that agenda and left it
>to you. happy he's doing well, as it helps my guy.

It happened post you being mad about the scoring title,
its pretty obvious

Until you can intelligently discuss Lance Stephenson,
I'm not bothering with this

I believe in you, believe in yourself

Let's have a chit chat about man who arrived black, mad,
Jamaican looking and ready to do battle

(C)Keith Murray, "
2258582, nothing for me discuss about lance...
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Nov-07-13 09:14 PM
you're being irrational. rather than being happy that have him all to yourself to cyse, you're tryna to manufacture something that won't ever come to be: me not liking lance stephenson.

you're floundering and it's sad to watch. one agenda has unraveled you so completely because your pride is fuckin with you.

learn to lose. it helps you win.
2258588, Cool, you relying on shit breath Iverstania to stay relevant
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Nov-07-13 09:22 PM

Everyone who brushes their teeth knows this is all
you being butthurt from Carmelo winning that scoring
title RIGHT AFTER you said he wouldn't

Love is love, though
2258954, sorry your feelings are that way, bro
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Nov-08-13 11:08 AM
2258981, Yeah, you mad.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Fri Nov-08-13 11:54 AM

(C)Keith Murray, "
2258996, sad for you
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Nov-08-13 12:08 PM
2258998, Nah, you fucked up with the "evenly matched" thing above...that was bad.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Fri Nov-08-13 12:13 PM

you can't be sneaking shit like that past me...its on
record and noted now...I'm using that.

(C)Keith Murray, "
2259002, no, you continue to dig a hole that will bury you in april or may
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Nov-08-13 12:20 PM
when he gets booted again, there's no amount of diversion you can create. NYC media will be after him, national media...and it will all funnel right onto this board.

and i'll be here.
2259007, Nah, you said Roy Hibbert is an NBA superstar
Posted by Orbit_Established, Fri Nov-08-13 12:24 PM
>when he gets booted again, there's no amount of diversion you
>can create. NYC media will be after him, national media...and
>it will all funnel right onto this board.
>
>and i'll be here.

The difference in the Knicks-Pacers series was Roy Hibbert

Everyone knows that

(C)Keith Murray, "
2259008, the difference in that series was melo folding in crucial moments
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Nov-08-13 12:25 PM
2259012, Yup. So what Pacer was "the deciding factor?"
Posted by Orbit_Established, Fri Nov-08-13 12:28 PM