Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIt's not clear (yet) that he was fired
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2240632&mesg_id=2240645
2240645, It's not clear (yet) that he was fired
Posted by Walleye, Fri Oct-04-13 08:14 AM
I mean, he had a year left on his contract so he probably didn't walk away from money and 90+ win team on his own. But he's also not that young, so maybe he did.

I think he's done a decent job with this team, navigated the Chapman ambiguity well, and has shaken a lot of the pitcher-killer stuff that (fairly, in my mind) dogged him with the Cubs. His lineup construction caused a lot of hilarious interaction with the press, and his utter disinterest in putting disciplined hitters at the top of the order remains really weird. But he's hardly ever done a bad job anywhere.

If the Twins were in a totally different spot and ended up passing on Gardenhire, I could have lived with Baker. Actually, a couple teams decided to roll with their "meh" managers that would have been decent openings for him. Kansas City thinks this is their window, that's a good look for Baker. The Mets are going to be good sooner than people think.

Who're the Nats looking at after Davey Johnson?