Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectCan't we just lock posts like this for, like, five years?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2239836&mesg_id=2255655
2255655, Can't we just lock posts like this for, like, five years?
Posted by Frank Longo, Sat Nov-02-13 12:38 PM
It's obvious to anyone who watched Bennett last year that he wouldn't pay major dividends as a pro Year 1 or even Year 2, because he's still pretty raw talent, especially compared to LJ, who was NBA-ready when he stepped onto the scene.

It's also obvious that Bennett has some major major talent and could potentially put up some hearty numbers in a few years. I'm not going to go as far as Ba with this LJ thing, mostly because I'm not the biggest Bennett fan (ask ConcreteCharlie and MothershipConnection), but I wonder if those who are posting his box scores saw him play before the NBA at all and are aware of just how high his ceiling could be.

I feel like everyone on OKS who wants to engage in agendas and dispense Ws or Ls needs like a "keeper roster" page where folks can just check in now and then.

Cuz if people wanna up this post every time Bennett has a bad game this year... it'll probably be on the front page a lot. He'll have his good games, because he'll have plenty of opportunities on this roster, but especially these first 2-3 months, I wouldn't be surprised to see his consistency struggle, to put it nicely.

Same for OE's Giannis post: major talent, majorly raw, cysed by someone who riles folks up here, Giannis will have plenty of bad games this year, but could be special in a few years.

*shrug*