Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectTop 10 fantasy DST last year, double digits first two weeks.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2232749&mesg_id=2235403
2235403, Top 10 fantasy DST last year, double digits first two weeks.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Sep-23-13 01:37 PM
And New Orleans had scored an average of under 20 points the first two weeks of the regular season... seemed plausible that the Arizona secondary could manage at least in that ballpark. 20-20 hindsight.

I was hoping a top ten fantasy DST with Kevin Kolb under center on offense would improve thanks to less time on the field with a marginally improved offense at worst. And with super-bummy Tampa Bay on deck next week, I figured Arizona would probably get me 10 fantasy points at worst on a couple of sacks, a turnover or two, and keeping Brees relatively human, and I wouldn't have to drop them before the tasty matchup approaching. I wasn't terribly far off, mind you... but in a game where I needed every point I could get? Yeah. Not good.

But then again, I also didn't figure Arizona would get under 200 yards passing in a game where it seemed inevitable that Palmer would be throwing a lot. I also didn't figure RGIII would go without a TD, didn't figure Jeffrey would get more receptions than Marshall, didn't figure Miami would throw nearly three times as often as they'd run (with only one reception to Miller, UGH), didn't figure Tony Gonzalez would get three receptions opening drive and be a ghost the rest of the game.

I didn't figure a lot. So yeah, it wouldn't have mattered. Five more DST points and it would've been my team leader this week. *insert vomit emoji* Starting someone else there maybe would've gotten me to 85 or sniffing 90-- still pathetic. Just a terrible week. Probably my lowest scoring week ever.