Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectEmbarrassing week. Two of three panic launch codes have been entered.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2232749&mesg_id=2235374
2235374, Embarrassing week. Two of three panic launch codes have been entered.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Sep-23-13 11:56 AM
The third to be entered if I somehow lose to The ProfessionaLs next week.

Everything that could have gone wrong has gone wrong. A winnable game against Will lost because my three "studs" (to use the term loosely) combined for barely thirty points and no one else broke double figures. Vereen gone after Week 1-- no clue why I'm even still holding on to him at this point. Dolphins backfield: shame on me. I may soon be starting some combination of Charles Clay, Brian Hartline and Danny Woodhead, because the players currently starting anger me with their mere existence.

I'll wait until next week to enter full blown panic, because nothing cleanses the palate like back-to-back bouts with The ProfessionaLs and The Professor. If I can emerge from that 2-3, and I can get anything resembling signs of consistency and/or life from the starters I love on paper, then there may be hope for this season yet.

Besides, I usually start 3-0 or 3-1, and look where it's gotten me in the past. Maybe this time I'm taking the reverse approach.

#rantzone

#coolstorybro