Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMan I didn't even see the damn fight
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2229674&mesg_id=2232891
2232891, Man I didn't even see the damn fight
Posted by Lightfoot, Wed Sep-18-13 07:53 PM
>Well, he's smaller, so he should be quicker. As for
>"naturally gifted," I'd say its a push or advantage
>Canelo. I think your vie is slightly colored by the fact
>that Canelo just got dominated. He's very gifted naturally.

My good buddy failed to consider whether his wedding night might coincide with the fateful day that the Mexicans earned their freedom from Spanish oppression (or with the Jewish day of atonement for that matter). I still haven't had a chance to watch Floyd's performance.

So I'm purely basing my assessment on Canelo's wins. To me it's just an eye test--Broner has a 'wow' factor when he throws his punches, and Canelo doesn't, in my opinion. But I was the guy who thought JuanMa and David Lemieux were the future stars of boxing, so I think it's safe to say that my projections should be taken with a grain of salt. This is also why I never want to be the type of boxing writer who ever needs to give his opinion on anything.

In any case, the Maidana fight is extremely intriguing. I wouldn't have said this before Broner's fight with Paulie, but his fight with Maidana should tell us way more about Broner than we know before it.