Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMy boss just got let go today. Kinda shocked
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2226031&mesg_id=2235450
2235450, My boss just got let go today. Kinda shocked
Posted by mrhood75, Mon Sep-23-13 02:43 PM
No one (including him) saw this coming. Dude wasn't happy and was looking for other jobs, but didn't plan on exiting for at least a little while. Apparently, he got it, his boss called him into his office and he got let go. Don't know what it ultimately ended up being about, but I know he was pretty thoroughly in over his head as soon as they gave him responsibility for one of the "problem" groups in the company.

So yeah, I'm kinda reeling right now. Dude is the one who first gave me an opportunity at this company almost five and a half years ago, so I'm grateful for that. He also looked out for me and the rest of the team over the years, so that was good too. I was kinda annoyed with him right before this happened, because he basically gave me shit on Friday for not filling out the TPS Reports correctly (especially after I'd been busting my ass and taking names on a few other projects), but he certainly didn't deserve this.

And, on a sorta selfish note, I have no idea what this means for me and the rest of the team's future with the company. I worry that it's very likely that someone is going to take over who doesn't understand what we do, and we're gonna be fucked as a result.

So yeah, still trying to keep it all straight in my head right now.