Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject100 moments from the Pirates losing streak- amusing read
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2224223&mesg_id=2228721
2228721, 100 moments from the Pirates losing streak- amusing read
Posted by Y2Flound, Wed Sep-11-13 07:35 AM
This is really long, but some great moments highlighted here, some I didn't even know like this story:

67. Daniel Moskos drafted instead of Matt Wieters (6/7/2007) – I’ve pointed out how Littlefield passed over hard-to-sign players for guys who were signable with lower upsides. Bryan Bullington over B.J. Upton. Neil Walker over Jered Weaver. If you want another story, how about Brad Lincoln. The Pirates took Lincoln fourth overall that year. A lot of more successful pitchers went after Lincoln. Two years ago I was told a story from a scout with the Pirates at the time. I mentioned how the scouts begged Littlefield to take McCutchen in 2005. They didn’t win in 2006. The scouts loved a left-handed prep pitcher that year. They loved him so much that Littlefield went to see him pitch. It was a cold game, and the lefty had a bad outing. Based on that one start, Littlefield crossed the guy off the list, even though his scouts were high on this player. Who was that pitcher? Clayton Kershaw.