Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectHe Took A Weird Step Last Year
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2215262&mesg_id=2215304
2215304, He Took A Weird Step Last Year
Posted by RexLongfellow, Thu Aug-01-13 11:34 AM
I can't really call it regressing because his #'s was solid. But watching him play, you can tell he was either shaken with his confidence (being benched in crunchtime hurt), still a little banged up, or adjusting to Harden and some of McHale's coaching (which I believe had the biggest role)

Having D12 there helps the entire team, and reduces his expectations. He has a chance to develop. Problem is, I don't know if he will with that coaching staff and that team.

His assists should go up though. He was solid handling the ball. He'll be better as a defender...won't be Beverley, but definitely won't be a liability. Decent defender.

Scoring will go down

So, a Lin season should be 13, 7.8ast, shooting 44% from the field, and hovering around 39% from 3. He'll have games where he can shoulder the load, as I see him playing some 2 guard, with a lineup of him, Beverley, Harden, Parsons and Howard at times.

He's the 3rd or 4th option at this point. His biggest thing to learn now is when to get Harden the ball to bypass Howard, and when to wave off Harden and get D12 the ball at all costs (he can work a good pnr with Howard). His toughest assignment now will be to keep everyone happy and keep the ball moving