Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectLebron Blames Exhibition Loss On Small Jersey (swipe)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2212710
2212710, Lebron Blames Exhibition Loss On Small Jersey (swipe)
Posted by abstractionism, Wed Jul-24-13 04:47 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1715200-lebron-james-blames-small-jersey-for-exhibition-loss-in-the-philippines

LeBron James Blames Small Jersey for Exhibition Loss in the Philippines
BY ADAM FROMAL (FEATURED COLUMNIST) ON JULY 24, 2013

For the world's greatest basketball player, the task of carrying the Miami Heat to back-to-back championships isn't too big. But a jersey can be too small.

While in the Philippines, the reigning MVP teamed up with a few college players to take on the Gilas Pilipinas national team in an exhibition match. After coaching his squad for the first half of the 10-minute game, LeBron donned a red "Witness" jersey in an attempt to bring his team back from a one-point deficit.

A few minutes and one reportedly impressive alley-oop finish on a pass from Kiefer Ravena later, he missed the game-tying layup in the final few seconds of the game to lose a basketball game for the first time since Game 5 of the 2013 NBA Finals. As reported by ABS-CBNnews.com's Camille B. Naredo, he said the following after the buzzer sounded: "The reason I missed those last two shots is because my jersey is too damn small, so forgive me."

July23_lebronimg_original
Photo credit to Mark Cristino for ABS-CBNnews.com
Now let's not get the wrong impression here. Take that quote in the spirit in which it was intended. It's even more clear when you watch a video of him speaking the same words:

Based on his willingness to even play rather than coach in the first place, his magnanimous quotes about the future of the country's basketball program and his willingness to help rebound during youth team drills, this was clearly said in jest.

But still, we've found LeBron's kryptonite.

Once thought to be the removal of his headband (a myth that was quickly dispelled in Game 6 of the NBA Finals), his weakness is clearly the size of his jersey.

NBA teams, take note. Arrange for the equipment managers to mix up the sizes of Miami's jersey whenever the Heat come to town.

But this does beg one more question: What happens when LeBron wears a jersey that's too big?
2212713, Considering the headline, I cant imagine why we would
Posted by ErnestLee, Wed Jul-24-13 04:49 PM

>Now let's not get the wrong impression here.
2212720, right? coulda used the word "jokes" rather than "blames"
Posted by pretentious username, Wed Jul-24-13 05:17 PM
>
>>Now let's not get the wrong impression here.
>
2212719, ^^^PLEAS COPPED
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Jul-24-13 05:10 PM
2212721, Game 6, man... Game 6
Posted by laizquierda, Wed Jul-24-13 05:22 PM
you motherf*ckers blew it! f*ck.