Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectthat the Lakers current woes are Kobe-centric is pure agenda.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2210332&mesg_id=2351156
2351156, that the Lakers current woes are Kobe-centric is pure agenda.
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Jul-15-14 12:46 PM
the clock was ticking on the Kobe/Pau Connection, so Feel Jackson left. Lakers had issues adding on to that.

they hired Mike Brown. Which, I wouldn't have done if I were the Lakers FO, unless I had some kind of oddball agenda. he's a good coach if you're talking about NBA pre-2009, when Euroball started taking over in various ways. now that it's all about spacing, ball movement and reduced big influence? Mike Brown, who is mostly defensive, is not your best choice. this was proven last season in CLE, in his second tour.

somehow Dwight Howard came over there anyway. He (and Steve Nash, for whichever reason) came to a team that eventually found 'Postrophe as its coach. Kobe got hurt, Dwight sucked, Nash never found his footing, and Kobe among others couldn't stay healthy.

they tried it again last year. Team couldn't stay healthy, various D-Leaguers started and the team entered the lottery. 'Postrophe got fired.

Lakers are still without a coach. Now granted, brand notwithstanding, do you think any marquee FAs want to come to that situation? Kobe may not be reliable healthwise. so you basically got Randle and the D-League, no coach. Where does Kobe factor in besides his absence?

if we're talking that contract, the Lakers need to hasten their rebuild and stockpile assets now as they go into 2016, the next big FA period. Kobe cashing in on his worth to the franchise (let it be known: beloved franchise players instantly raise the stock of a team, just look at CLE right today) suddenly doesn't seem so much a point at which to laugh at The Elite Scrubby-Ass Gunner, as much as padding his exit from the league.

"nobody wants to play with/coach Kobe (b/c Kobe is anti-social, etc)" is myth. the Lakers found takers for years. the problem is, the Lakers just got old, crashed and burned and they can't find someone to drive the tank. this happens.