Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectDamn... friend just brought this up now.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2209748&mesg_id=2219153
2219153, Damn... friend just brought this up now.
Posted by wallysmith, Fri Aug-16-13 11:15 AM
With Young coming out, there's a decently high chance that PTP's will have a match on the upcoming Raw in Anaheim (which I'm going to).

Orange County runs the gamut from relatively progressive to ultra conservative (mostly deep south OC tho), but I'm guessing it'll be a solidly receptive crowd for Darren Young. Smells like it could be an instant faceturn for PTP, right?

And everyone's throwing out The Real Americans as the natural foil (especially since they're feudless at the moment), but instead of making gay bashing the central point of a potential feud, how about this...

(time to put on the fantasy booking hat)

What if Zeb comes out saying "I hate YOUR KIND Darren Young! (typical gay bait stuff)... But not because you're gay, that's fine. I hate you because YOU'RE BLACK! You come in here with your pimping, and your barking, and your strutting and it's an embarassment to our society!"

This would be treading familiar ground with the WWE, address Black Cena coming out, and ensure they don't potentially caricature him with future segments. Because honestly, no one really trusts WWE to maturely handle Young being gay for an extended period of time, right?

I don't think it'll happen, but it makes the most sense to me to address and acknowledge the issue without any negativity.

Anyone have predictions on what's gonna happen?