Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectFuck, I hope not.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2209748&mesg_id=2211032
2211032, Fuck, I hope not.
Posted by wallysmith, Thu Jul-18-13 03:21 PM
> the idea is that the McMahon's and SuperHHHero Trips are pushing Daniel Bryan even though they don't really want to, and ultimately are going to stick it back in the fans' faces...

Although I was just fantasy booking this with a friend right now... Imagine if Bryan beats Cena at SS, then

"VINTAGE ORTON!!!!! RKO OUT OF NOWHERE!!!!" ***

"RANDY ORTON is now WWE CHAMPION after cashing in on a spent Daniel Bryan, who was only the champion for 18 seconds!!!!!"

Big fuck you right? But would it necessarily be a bad thing? It would draw great parallels with his WHC match with Sheamus, then set up a program between him and Orton, further reinforcing his underdog role and making his chase even more fulfilling.

But on top of that, it would be an INCREDIBLE way to turn Orton heel, since Bryan is so insanely over. He's been wanting to turn for a while now, and this would be so visceral and immediate. Plus, if he cashes in on Cena there's a big chance people would cheer, since Cena's so polarizing to begin with.

***(sidenote: I'm aware that Orton would need to notify the ref first to ring the bell, but I'm running with the RKO OUT OF NOWHERE metaphor since that's basically how the MitB briefcase works, haha)