Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectbut PDX won't just give LA away, it's not a firesale ....... yet
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2207324&mesg_id=2211354
2211354, but PDX won't just give LA away, it's not a firesale ....... yet
Posted by celery77, Sat Jul-20-13 05:10 PM
>Asik would be an upgrade
>
>Terrence Jones and Dmo would be 2 other young prospects that
>are better than a 1st rd pick from houston cause thatll
>probably be late 1st - and you know these guys have soem
>upside.
>
>I may be higher on the two for most. Like I said, Im not
>forcing the trade at all. i just want people to know that
>Asik, Tjones, and Dmo are not junk by any stretch.

I think those guys probably are good prospects -- Terrence Jones is one of the few college players I've ever taken a moment to watch because I heard about him when he was still a high schooler here in Portland -- but I think Portland is hoping they will get someone with at least the potential to be a suitable replacement for LA, even if it's just potential at this point.

Portland isn't interested in rotation + bench pieces. they have those or can acquire those. what they're in short supply of is stars. asking for Noah from Chicago makes perfect sense -- they know Noah would be a difference maker they could build around a la LA (also makes sense why Chicago would balk at parting with Noah, try to unload Boozer instead).

I think the real problem Portland is going to run into is that LA wants to be on a winner, wants to be playing in the later rounds of the playoffs, so it limits the teams they can potentially deal with. and any team that isn't in that situation won't trade for LA because they know he'll leave them in the summer, too. so like I said, let the season play out, wait till some "on the cusp" teams get hungrier, then hope you can get something better. if you can't? the one-sided deals teams are trying to offer Portland right now will still be available.