Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectprotected Top 3 while trading Jrue helps guarantee we got a Top 3 anyway
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2207324&mesg_id=2209172
2209172, protected Top 3 while trading Jrue helps guarantee we got a Top 3 anyway
Posted by Bombastic, Fri Jul-12-13 12:02 AM
so we get their first rounder next year plus a guy this year regarded as having the highest upside in the draft who we can basically let sit all year like he was Andrew Bynum in order to heal properly, put on weight & get in NBA shape to then battle our own guys for Rookie Of The Year next season.

That's PLENTY for Jrue Holiday, I would have done it for Nerlens alone let alone that extra mid-to-late lotto.

I don't care what anyone wants to say about Holiday's stats on this slapdick Sixers team of last season where he was forced to be our #1 ballhandler & scorer.

He's never going to be more than an at-best back-end Top 10 PG in a league full of teams going nowhere with top-flight PGs.

That could EASILY turn into more value than the Jazz got for Deron (Favors, Kanter, Devin lol Harris & this year's 21st pick) or the Hornets got for CP3 (Eric Gordon's final year of his deal who they then had to re-up for a contract he didn't deserve while always being hurt, Chris Kaman, Al Fariq Aminu & the pick they blew on Austin Rivers).

Now, time will tell whether Noel turns out to be a beast or if the Pelicans end up *just* bad enough this year to get us a pick outside the Top 3 but still in the single digits.

But right now?

I would take *just the chance* on either and/or both of those things happening than getting those mediocre-ass hauls the Hornets & Jazz got for their franchise point guards

Two guys who were actually SUPERSTARS at the time of their trades unlike our guy with all due respect.

I'm also guessing I'd take what the Sixers got for Damaja on Draft Night over whatever is soon to be behind Door #2 when Ainge trades Rondo mid-to-late-season this year.

Not to mention Rondo, like CP3 or Deron, is a better & more accomplished player than Jrue Holiday.

I liked Jrue but people keep hyping a guy who heading into his fifth-season has ONE All-Star Game under his belt because Rondo & Rose were hurt while Deron was fat.

Devin Harris made one All-Star team.

Andre Miller had better numbers across the board his third year in the league while in Cleveland & he never made an All-Star team in his entire career.

Out West now, it's entirely conceivable Holiday never makes a second ASG as a member of the Pelicans while Tony Parker, Russell Westbrook & Steph Curry own those slots if healthy.

It's actually a pretty fair argument to say Mike Conley Jr. is currently better & by the time some of these dudes fall off other guys will come on.

Tom Benson is old, drunk & desperate down on the Bayou.

He's telling his basketball people to get his team back to borderline playoff status soon so maybe they can draw flies to that N.O. arena while he's still alive.

Hinkie Dinkie Dawg used his spreadsheet-sniff-tactics to smell Del Demps' dumbass coming & shit on his lawn accordingly.