Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectSo this is about rebounding? Like the Rox are gonna need THAT
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2207324&mesg_id=2209011
2209011, So this is about rebounding? Like the Rox are gonna need THAT
Posted by auragin_boi, Thu Jul-11-13 05:05 PM
>I know Taj blocks shots better. Like Houston is gonna need
>THAT.

lol Dwight led the league in rebounding too. The Rox were 7th in the league in rebs last season. Moving a BETTER rebounder to C won't cause them to lose anything in that regard.

Taj on the other hand has a jump shot (and shot 48% from the field taking a decent amount of jumpers). Asik can't hit the side of a barn 7 feet from the rim. Yet Taj plays hard nose D and is still a decent rebounder. Asik on the other hand is useless on offense with Dwight on the floor with him. He'll just eat space and make it harder for Dwight to move around.

>It was Asik's first year playing more than 15 minutes per
>game. He dropped 12 boards a game (something Gibson could
>never do), shot 54% for the season (something Gibson could
>never do), and-- oh I forgot-- is SEVEN FEET AND TWO FIFTY
>POUNDS, lol.

And Taj hasn't played more than 22 mins a game since his rookie season (26 min a game 9ppg/7.5rbs on 49% shooting), shoots almost 70% from the line, while Asik shoots Ben Wallace-like and his 54% shooting was because MOST of points came off lobs and put backs. They don't NEED him for that role when they have the ultimate weapon for that coming in. Yes he's a big 7 footer but HE DOESN'T WANT TO COME OFF THE BENCH!!! The guy literally asked for a trade soon as the signing of Dwight was announced. Why not get a guy who fits better next to Dwight, gives you better floor spacing and loses you nothing on D?

>You know how many dudes there are in the pros who could put up
>more than 12.8 PPG if given 36 minutes? I looked at least
>season's stats. THERE ARE TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY OF THEM. For
>every pound Asik has in his body, there is a player that could
>score more than Gibson last season per 36.

Awesome. Now, scale that stat down the to 6'9" post players averaging 1.5 blks a game or better.

>You know how many dudes could get more boards than Asik in 36
>minutes, based on last season's stats? SIX.

And all this means shit if he's rotting on the bench behind Dwight and pouting about NOT STARTING.

>Asik is a big body who is mean on the glass and still has
>potential to improve due to limited playing time. Taj Gibson
>is at best a mediocre starter or a pretty good bench guy for
>20 minutes per. There is no goddamn way MOREY of all
>motherfuckers agrees on a Taj-for-Asik deal, lmao.

Asik won't improve his offense nor shooting range in time for it to mean anything. He's like a white Tyson Chandler. Dude is ALREADY 27!!! His strengths are rebounding, good D and dunking. Stop trying to sell me on him becoming some low post demon. Morey might do it if a draft pick was included. I mean, there's something to having a disgruntled employee and better balanced team.

>Cmon. This is me you're talking to. Don't try to sell me on
>Taj being as valuable as or more valuable than what Asik
>brings to the table.

I never said that but it wouldn't be much of a drop off and secondly, Asik is unhappy and doesn't fit. They'd get more out of Taj starting next to Dwight for 30-35min a game than Asik backing him up for 20-25 IMO.