Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectCMON. It's Taj. Don't try to sell me, lol.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2207324&mesg_id=2208971
2208971, CMON. It's Taj. Don't try to sell me, lol.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jul-11-13 04:05 PM
I know Taj blocks shots better. Like Houston is gonna need THAT.

It was Asik's first year playing more than 15 minutes per game. He dropped 12 boards a game (something Gibson could never do), shot 54% for the season (something Gibson could never do), and-- oh I forgot-- is SEVEN FEET AND TWO FIFTY POUNDS, lol.

You know how many dudes there are in the pros who could put up more than 12.8 PPG if given 36 minutes? I looked at least season's stats. THERE ARE TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY OF THEM. For every pound Asik has in his body, there is a player that could score more than Gibson last season per 36.

You know how many dudes could get more boards than Asik in 36 minutes, based on last season's stats? SIX.

Asik is a big body who is mean on the glass and still has potential to improve due to limited playing time. Taj Gibson is at best a mediocre starter or a pretty good bench guy for 20 minutes per. There is no goddamn way MOREY of all motherfuckers agrees on a Taj-for-Asik deal, lmao.

Cmon. This is me you're talking to. Don't try to sell me on Taj being as valuable as or more valuable than what Asik brings to the table.