Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIt's not a Kentucky thing at all.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2207324&mesg_id=2208939
2208939, It's not a Kentucky thing at all.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Jul-11-13 02:38 PM
>But what about Noel will make him better than Tyson Chandler?
>This needs to be talked about.
>
>
>He's shorter, and will at most be 10-20 lbs lighter. Tyson has
>a wide body. He's 240. Noel might max out at 225. I don't see
>how he rebounds over 10 a game with that frame in the NBA.
>This aint the weak ass SEC anymore. He's gonna get pushed
>around for at least 3 years.

He is shorter. Noel is about or will be 220 when he plays his first game. Tyson's first few years were a struggle as well. Then he repackaged himself as a rebounder and defender while his body matured. Noel will get stronger as well.

He has quicker reflexes than Tyson, better at defending players off the dribble as well. He's also already a very good passer for a big man. These are all things Tyson doesn't do well now let alone when he was 19.

Tyson was a great offensive player in High School, but when he got to the NBA couldn't do the same things. So he decided to be a defender, Noel is a defender. Hangs his hat on being a defender. I see that more as a strength than a deficiency.

>Banking on him being better than an All Star/Olympian/World
>Champion, who btw went #2 and was considered a can't miss
>prospect in his own right? Nah, I'm good.

Tyson wasn't a can't miss. He was a high pick, because everyone was drafting High School players (Curry and Kwame). He was a project.

>I agree he's better than AD as a shot blocker. So is Larry
>Sanders (who Noel really projects to be IMO). But post D is a
>lot more than that, and size matters. I see him a valuable
>role player, not a star or an All Star, UNLESS he develops a
>real offensive game.
>

He's not Larry Sanders either. That's a lazy comparison. I said he'll be better than AD defensively because he has quicker feet, quicker hands, and works harder on that end.

>I mean, is Larry Sanders better than Tyson too?
>
>