Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectSummer Of 2013 NBA Free Agent Rumors, Signings, and Trades Post
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2203701&mesg_id=2203701
2203701, Summer Of 2013 NBA Free Agent Rumors, Signings, and Trades Post
Posted by Cold Truth, Sat Jun-29-13 07:11 PM
I figured it's a good time to set this up, because all manner of shit is going to start coming through.

-Obviously Dwight and Paul are going to dominate talk for awhile. There's a lot of intrigue here on many fronts. It seems like a natural move to pair these two together. ATL or the Clippers are the only real possibilities for that, and I still think the Clippers have a strong shot of making this happen.

-Josh Smith is the third domino in all this, but it just feels like wherever he winds up is going to be anticlimactic based on his rumored suitors. Bucks and Boston seem like the only teams to be strongly considering him. He and Rondo will make a nice pair, but who the fuck is the go-to player on that squad? Jeff Green?

-I won't be shocked to see Aldridge moved. I'm not sure what team has the assets to pull him right now, but that's a sleeper deal that could shake things up in a big way. In my dreams, Mitch snags him for Pau's expiring deal.

-What's the market for Big Al? I've read Utah may simply let him walk. What about Milsap, for that matter? Intriguing pieces to be had there on established teams. Houston probably makes a play for Al and/or Smith if they miss out on Dwight. Put OJ in this category. These are all guys who could be very nice pieces on the right team. OJ would be nice for, say, Chicago or the Clippers.

What kind of trade movement will we see, sans S&T deals for free agents? I'm hoping for an off season of unexpected deals and power moves.