Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMy layman Horn...er, Pelican wish list
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2202071&mesg_id=2202233
2202233, My layman Horn...er, Pelican wish list
Posted by Wonderl33t, Thu Jun-27-13 11:17 AM
McLemore, Zeller, or Noel, as far as guys who might be there at #6. NBAdraft.net says Burke in their mock, but I don't like his value at #6. Vasquez is a solid starter and Roger Mason is emerging as a good backup. Burke could turn out to be as good as other undersized guys like Lawson or Felton, but would that be a significant upgrade over Vasquez? Not imo.

I think McLemore would be ideal for N.O. since SG is the biggest question mark between EJ's injury history and Rivers being Rivers (although I think he may pan out to be a Jimmer...I still have a shred of hope). Oladipo imo isn't a good fit for N.O. as a SG and he probably won't be there at 6.

Zeller would be great C depth, and could be an upgrade over Lopez. His defense isn't the best, but with unibrow for shot blocking, I think the fit is fine.

Noel doesn't necessarily fit need, but his potential is high, and you can never have enough athletic length. I would take him over Zeller if both are available.

CJ McCollum could be a good fit, but I don't know much about him. My bust radar is reading Michael Carter Williams. He seems too inefficient and not a good enough shooter for his game to translate to the pros. In fact, to answer an above post, he is probably this year's Austin Rivers.