Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: You're LYING...Serena wasn't near her top in 2007....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2193327&mesg_id=2227634
2227634, RE: You're LYING...Serena wasn't near her top in 2007....
Posted by thePENofMAN, Mon Sep-09-13 04:17 PM
lol

http://www.oregonlive.com/the-spin-of-the-ball/index.ssf/2013/07/why_serena_williams_will_have.html

there was nothing gimpy about serena in 2007...she was strong as ever, but here best wasn't good enough against henin:

you are referring to 2006, my friend, not 2007

henin after beating serena at the french:
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/06/05/sports/tennis/henin.650.jpg

also, henin fractured her kneecap in 2005, bro..had to rehab, CAME THE FUCK BACK and dominated upon her return.

bro, there is nothing wrong with acknowledging the fact henin was on the same level as serena, and was better than her on fastcourts( french, etc)

Henin's game was such a problem for serena, that she was frustrated as shit , because henin had the mental edge.. ...it's all right here:

orts.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/usopen07/news/story?id=3004964

"And, beyond the numbers, they have a history. Their misunderstandings of the past have been set aside, and today there seems to be a deep and abiding mutual respect. Not that they don't like to beat each other. To the contrary, they seem to savor it more than almost anything.
On Tuesday, they collided again, and Henin, not surprisingly, was the emphatic winner, 7-6 (3), 6-1. The Belgian now has sent Williams home from the past three Grand Slams.
Henin will play the winner of Wednesday night's match between Venus Williams and Jelena Jankovic in a Friday semifinal.
After her loss Tuesday, in a halting, four-minute interview, Williams was as sullen as she has ever been in public. She said she would have skipped the mandatory session with the press but didn't want to pay the possible $10,000 fine.
It would have been money well spent. More than anything, Williams was an exceptionally sore loser, perhaps a window to her consistently vast expectations versus the reality of her current situation.
"I really don't feel like talking about it," Williams said. "I can't explain that right now.
"I just think she made a lot of lucky shots, and I made a lot of errors."
Clearly, she was deeply disappointed, perhaps even demoralized.
"No," she said sarcastically. "I'm very happy."
Serena Williams
Timothy A. Clary/AFP/Getty Images
Serena Williams couldn't convert a set point in the first against Justine Henin and it went all downhill from there.
Henin, in her post-match interview, might have best explained why Williams was so distraught.
"Tactically, it was very clear in my head what I had to do," Henin said. "It's very important to do it from the first point to the end. She loves to have control of the rallies. She loves to be in the court. She doesn't like to be under pressure, especially on the forehand side."
Another possibility: Williams never had lost a match to Henin on the hard courts that complement her game (she was 3-0).
"There's nothing to say about my win today," Henin said. "She's at home. She expected a lot of things here. She had a lot of motivation. So that gives a lot of satisfaction."
Make no mistake, Henin won this match more than Williams lost it. She was ruthlessly aggressive; both players approached net 14 times, but Henin won 11 points, compared to only five for Williams.
There is a reason Henin is the world's No. 1 player and the top seed here, a chain of events that placed Williams down at No. 8.

Henin was a mental beast, and never feared serena ...capriati and hingis were the same way with her.

these current players fear the shit out of serena, and the funny thing is she is out of her prime.