Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBuckeyes bag a good one in D'Angelo Russell
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2193184
2193184, Buckeyes bag a good one in D'Angelo Russell
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Jun-07-13 07:48 PM
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/07/report-2014-guard-dangelo-russell-verbally-commits-to-ohio-state/

highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MSeyZXYW1Gk
2193185, I got OSU winning the championship this season
Posted by vee-lover, Fri Jun-07-13 07:53 PM
and I predict Braxton Miller will win the Heisman...
2193187, that sounds good to me too....nm
Posted by guru0509, Fri Jun-07-13 07:59 PM
2193190, $100 will pay you $850 for that...just sayin'
Posted by 3xKrazy, Fri Jun-07-13 08:31 PM
>and I predict Braxton Miller will win the Heisman...
2193191, shiieeeeet im all over that.
Posted by guru0509, Fri Jun-07-13 08:49 PM
2193207, that's a nice payout...
Posted by vee-lover, Fri Jun-07-13 09:45 PM
If you lay a $100 on Johnny Football winning the heisman again, what does that payout? Just curious
2193208, $600
Posted by 3xKrazy, Fri Jun-07-13 09:46 PM
i think the chances of him winning again are unlikely:

-they don't love handing that award out twice to the same person
-he needs to beat bama for a 2nd time
2193210, Only $600, wow.
Posted by isaaaa, Fri Jun-07-13 10:15 PM

After Holiday Sale, take advantage of 25% off www.karmaloop.com w/ rep code JR9103 | Nike, G-Star, Spiewak, etc.
+ a full line of Women's wear (Jeffrey Campbell, etc.)
2193186, My man...(c)
Posted by guru0509, Fri Jun-07-13 07:58 PM
YESSSS!!!!!

Our 2014 class is looking SERIOUS right now.

BUT the 2015 and 2016 classes are going to have some RIDICULOUS homegrown talent (Carlton Bragg, VJ King, etc) ...we have to keep the good ones at home.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1298021.html

By Evan Daniels
Recruiting Analyst
Posted Jun 7, 2013

Share on twitter Share on facebook | More Sharing ServicesMore

D'Angelo Russell didn't have intentions of making an early college choice, but on Friday he changed his mind giving a pledge to Thad Matta and Ohio State.

D'Angelo Russell wasn’t planning to make an early college decision.
On Friday, Russell, a 6-foot-4 combination guard, changed his mind, committing to Thad Matta and Ohio State.

“Something clicked to me last week,” Russell told Scout.com. “I just felt like today was the day.”

“The environment is off the chain,” Russell said. “I went up there and it was nice. The coaches, I just built a great relationship with the coaching staff. I didn’t feel like anybody was recruited me as hard as them.”

Russell picked Ohio State over strong interest from Georgetown, Indiana, LSU, Louisville, Memphis, Michigan State, Missouri, North Carolina State and Nebraska.

“I just felt like, why wait,” Russell said.

Russell said his relationships with Thad Matta and assistant Jeff Boals was a main part of his decision to commit.

“I kept in contact with them and they kept in contact with me,” Russell said. “I’m just trusting myself in making this decision. I just felt like it’s the right decision.”

Russell took an unofficial visit to Ohio State last weekend.

“Me visiting the school gave me a better idea,” he added. “I met the president. Just being in the environment and me knowing who I’d be playing with just clicked for them. “

With the addition of Russell, the Buckeyes now have commitments from three top 100 recruits in their 2014 recruiting class. Russell joins four-star prospects Keita Bates-Diop and Jae’Sean Tate as well as three-star center Dave Bell to make up their current class.
2193333, now comes the full court press for Okafor and Ty
Posted by guru0509, Sat Jun-08-13 02:45 PM
the fact that theyre a package deal makes it tough on us, but anything can happen...
2193345, you're a football school and you don't produce elite bigs or PGs
Posted by Basaglia, Sat Jun-08-13 04:19 PM
nah
2193358, they can be the first then, but why you so pressed?
Posted by guru0509, Sat Jun-08-13 06:00 PM

i dont even see any michigan fans hating in here, but here you are in full glory with your mouth breathing devilsden troll ass

smh

carry on, weirdo.

2193363, basa's all "NOPE! MINE! I saw em first!" about that package deal
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sat Jun-08-13 07:06 PM
2193366, Prob got a "Okafor/Tyus is garbage" post typed in case they spurn K
Posted by guru0509, Sat Jun-08-13 07:29 PM
2193367, like i did for love, monroe, shabazz, etc.?
Posted by Basaglia, Sat Jun-08-13 07:39 PM
all those recruits we missed on over the years? i shit on all of them?

or is the the basa sample-size rule again, where y'all ignore my above .750 OKP agenda average?

you talkin about me shittin on barnes AFTER i saw him play at UNC for month and then realizing he's not gonna be a SUPERSTAR as predicted?

dogg, just let me help you here...y'all not gettin THEM. just stop it.
2193370, No, & I don't remember nor care what you said about all those other guys
Posted by guru0509, Sat Jun-08-13 07:56 PM
You began shitting on Barnes the second you got an inkling he was leaning towards the Tar Heels. Everyone saw it, and it was hilarious.

Let it go. It's over. Maybe you're batting .750 on the fiyastarter message boards. Certainly not here.

>dogg, just let me help you here...y'all not gettin THEM. just
>stop it.

Agaon, I don't ever recall saying we would land them. I just said Matta will put the full court press on them, in addition to D'Angelo Russell.

If they dont end up in Columbus, hopefully they end up in East Lansing or Lexington. Just so I can watch you melt down again.

Have a pleasant dinner.

2193380, that's an L off top, because your sequencing is off
Posted by Basaglia, Sat Jun-08-13 08:21 PM
>You began shitting on Barnes the second you got an inkling he
>was leaning towards the Tar Heels. Everyone saw it, and it was
>hilarious.

i shit on barnes about a month into his college career because he was obviously NOT a "star"

i didn't come near shitting on him when i had an "inkling" because i was hype on his decision day just like anyone else and i certainly didn't shit on his game when he chose UNC the day he chose or in the months leading up.

now, that is a fact. we don't need the shitty search function for that. everyone remembers the day barnes skyped. i did not shit on his game before that or in the months BEFORE he played at UNC. at all.

now, you need to let this shit go. you mad and you catching feelings, dogg.

get yourself ready for football season.
2193389, Oh the "you mad" response...
Posted by guru0509, Sat Jun-08-13 08:56 PM

Because we landed a 5 star SG ?

Stop being stupid. Or carry on. Your prerogative.
2193411, it'd be great if you could admit you were wrong in your previous reply
Posted by Basaglia, Sat Jun-08-13 10:26 PM
everybody didn't think it was "hilarious" when i turned on barnes when i had an "inkling" he was favoring UNC because he simply didn't happen. that's all that matters.

no one cares about russell. y'all been gettin that player for the last 20 years. i don't care about him.

now tyus? y'all don't get THAT player and you won't get his friend as a consequence.
2193428, D'Angelo Russell is a BUCKEYE.
Posted by guru0509, Sat Jun-08-13 11:02 PM
You care, because you clicked on this thread.

To be honest, I sorta baited you with that Jahlil/Tyus bit because I know you think it's a foregone conclusion that they're Dookies. Plus you've been a little too pressed to throw your little TOSU darts, and I knew just even suggesting those two would have you coming in here foaming at the mouth...lo and behold

It's obvious that Harrison Barnes incident is still a sore subject with you. Ok, I'll let it rest for now.
2193433, i click on nearly every thread, my dude.
Posted by Basaglia, Sat Jun-08-13 11:12 PM
now, why i replied to it? different discussion entirely. you mentioned oak and tyus and i'm flat out telling you it won't happen. and you aggy because you know it won't.

any darts i throw at OSU is your fault. you talked shit for years and i ignored it.

now you have my attention.

deal.
2193438, fascinating
Posted by guru0509, Sat Jun-08-13 11:32 PM