Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIn an ideal world, Nyquil is Pippen to someone's Jordan
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2191241&mesg_id=2191309
2191309, In an ideal world, Nyquil is Pippen to someone's Jordan
Posted by MothershipConnection, Tue Jun-04-13 10:48 AM
Unfortunately, since the chances are basically zero that he gets traded to play next to LBJ or Durant, he'll continue to be a fairly low efficiency scorer and not be the best player on a championship team.

Even though he's probably a better shooter than the percentages suggest and the only one on this list who can be a legit defensive terror, he's still a terrible ballhandler and doesn't get to the stripe enough for me (which suggests a lack of aggressiveness... and if you can find someone who goes from shooting 3 FTs a game to suddenly shooting an acceptable number per game four years into his career, please show me). Plus there's the whole Nyquil thing.

I'm taking Harden cause he's shown he can consistently bring that aggression on the offensive end and carry a team while still doing it with decent efficiency. And I know he's a terrible defender but I like his chances at becoming "non terrible" at defense over PG's chances of becoming "moderately efficient lead scorer".