Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectHarden if I'm starting from scratch, George if I need a major piece
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2191241&mesg_id=2191298
2191298, Harden if I'm starting from scratch, George if I need a major piece
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jun-04-13 10:23 AM
Paul's an excellent utility player, but I don't know that he's the go-to guy. OE is off with his Joe Johnson comparison because George is a legit threat on both sides of the ball. I don't know that Joe as the third best guy on any team with two other stars makes them a title threat, but on any team that already has two certified stars, Paul George as your third guy is beastly. It remains to be seen what Indy does from here, but I suspect Granger gets shopped heavy for point guard and some depth.

Meanwhile, Harden has shown he can be the man and is ideal for most teams. I do think when looking at the overall balance of an established team, adding George would probably be a better bet than adding Harden simply due to the greater dynamics he brings and the fact that he wouldn't need the ball as much. Harden clearly wants to be the Alpha and that probably wouldn't work as well.