Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThat wonderful sensation of watching a young player finally get it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2190018
2190018, That wonderful sensation of watching a young player finally get it
Posted by Wordman, Sun Jun-02-13 04:58 PM
In this case - Dominic Brown.
http://wapc.mlb.com/phi/play/?tcid=mm_phi_vid&c_id=phi

"Your current frequencies of understanding outweigh that which has been given for you to understand." Saul Williams
2190022, WORD, MAN! WORD, MAN! Yup, was just boasting on DB
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Jun-02-13 05:06 PM
Before the season I told my boy DB could put up Pence's numbers, maybe not the high end of average or OBP, but the medians and DEFINITELY the power.

He was like how many jacks a year? I said, I dunno, if he plays 130+ games, maybe 25.

Dude is RIPPING the goddamn ball.

I never gave up on him. I hope Manuel and the staff do a better job addressing his weaknesses than they did Howard's. In a way, I think they failed Howard a little bit, he actually got worse hitting lefties over time, and part of that were details and approaches that never developed.

Obviously Brown is also a free swinger who needs to refine his game a bit. I think he will be a damn superstar if it things go right.
2190023, WORD, MAN! WORD, MAN! Yup, was just boasting on DB
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Jun-02-13 05:06 PM
Before the season I told my boy DB could put up Pence's numbers, maybe not the high end of average or OBP, but the medians and DEFINITELY the power.

He was like how many jacks a year? I said, I dunno, if he plays 130+ games, maybe 25.

Dude is RIPPING the goddamn ball.

I never gave up on him. I hope Manuel and the staff do a better job addressing his weaknesses than they did Howard's. In a way, I think they failed Howard a little bit, he actually got worse hitting lefties over time, and part of that were details and approaches that never developed.

Obviously Brown is also a free swinger who needs to refine his game a bit. I think he will be a damn superstar if it things go right.
2190037, Co-sign
Posted by gmltheone, Sun Jun-02-13 05:43 PM

----------------------------
Same as it ever was!
2190063, Dom Bom about the only thing we have to celebrate so far
Posted by Bombastic, Sun Jun-02-13 06:18 PM
always loved the way his swing *looked*, the motion/mechanics-shades of Griff or more appropriately Straw but damn if it doesn't look even better right now.
2190134, even supplanting the Jean Segura shine
Posted by DeepAztheRoot, Sun Jun-02-13 10:39 PM
and he is having a hell of a year too
2190138, too bad the rest of the phillies suck ass.
Posted by kinetic94761180, Sun Jun-02-13 10:55 PM
2190826, DOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by theothursdays, Mon Jun-03-13 07:57 PM