Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecti was typing from a phone, so being overly brief
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2184827&mesg_id=2184923
2184923, i was typing from a phone, so being overly brief
Posted by thejerseytornado, Wed May-22-13 06:50 PM
on alves: I hate to see him go, but at the same time, montoya fits the team's need better. i think he got scapegoated a bit more than he deserved when the system wasn't really set for two offensive fullbacks and two slow CBs. i want speed at CB if you're gonna do that. also, another taller guy would be nice!

on neymar: I'm blase just because it's been a "done deal" for two years. he's an otherworldly talent, but we're probably gonna overpay and where does he play? Actually, let me take that back. If he takes Pedro's spot, it could work, but i doubt that happens. So does he replace alexis? then alexis was a bust/gets sold for peanuts and I don't believe that's smart. he comes in and we have to assume Villa's gone, but I'm still left with a whole shit ton of awesome attackers, none of who really are the type to bring width or an aerial threat. and a thin midfield that'll probably be thinner because of how much smoke there is around thiago possibly leaving (sad), another year old for xavi, and a backline that's got some poor design problems. Neymar's an excellent talent, but it's not the need for the squad. he's a luxury--like buying a mink coat with your last dollar to spend on clothes in March when you don't have any raincoats. not smart--but he'll be awesome and it'll be fun to watch him.

the smart money is spent on the backline--a RB or LB who provides additional height on set pieces and a CB who is faster than Bartra and Pique.
-----------
It's only funny till someone gets mad. Then it's hilarious.