Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectwell if mitchell cant play he wont count against the cap but yeah
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2170294&mesg_id=2179520
2179520, well if mitchell cant play he wont count against the cap but yeah
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Mon May-13-13 02:35 PM
they have big decisions to make on defense. i think they cant afford to lose scuds with the way things are now. i am also pretty underwhelmed now looking back on dean's stockpiling of defense prospects. the guys he sent away have done nothing really and the guys he drafted have been kinda meh outside of Voynov. He got some NHL caliber guys in Martinez and Muzzin but they are marginal players. Campbell has about the same ceiling. The only guy they can really hang their hat on is Forbort and he is still a ways away. Huge mistake not moving up for Etem there and that's not hindsight, shit I thought more of Forbort then and still thought it. He's got potential to be a good second pairing guy and penalty killer. Some people think he has untapped offense, well, it must be REALLY untapped. I can't see him as a scorer in the NHL at all.

we'll see what the numbers look like but i could see them parting ways with penner and maybe trading a veteran forward as well. they are going to need a backup goalie but that will likely represent some minor savings over bernier's deal.