Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectCan San Jose just put these miserable Canucks away?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2170294&mesg_id=2175216
2175216, Can San Jose just put these miserable Canucks away?
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun May-05-13 08:15 PM
I am not sure if I should give credit to Wilson or say he was lucky. You look at their team now, it's much faster than it was before the deadline. But the main reason he traded Murray, Clowe and Handzus (arguably their three slowest players) was that they were all expiring contracts. He had to get something rather than nothing for them because he had drained their talent pool in trades trying to win now.

But I guess it works out just the same. Like I said, if they can get out of this round--which looks almost certain--I think San Jose could go real deep.

As far as the Canucks, geez, Kesler served that game up for them, awesome effort, no one had his back. Luongo has been fine, too. Lots of guys on milk cartons. What is up with Bieksa? I think he has been messed up physically all year, lots of nagging injuries and probably back problems they didn't bother discussing. He's not that effective and he kind of blew that play on the Game 2 winner. How do you let that pass across? He couldn't even really get down or extend his stick.