Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectpredictions
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2170294&mesg_id=2171990
2171990, predictions
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Tue Apr-30-13 01:30 PM
>1) Pittsburgh vs. 8) NY Islanders

Pittsburgh wins but not as easily as some think, 5 or 6 game series. The Islanders are kind of a plucky team and will play like they don't gaf for at least the first three games.

>2) Montreal vs. 7) Ottawa

After being the first on the Montreal bandwagon this year, I think I might be the first off. Their goaltending is a mess essentially and here they face a team that won't beat itself. I like the discipline and heavy play of a Sens team that's on the mend. Sens in 7.

>3) Washington vs. 6) NY Rangers

This is basically a coin flip series, but I'll go with the Rags in 7 here. Zoned in goaltending and a couple hot skaters is pretty much what they need to beat anyone.

>4) Boston vs. 5) Toronto

I like Boston here, six game, just more reliable components to their team. The coaching change has been great for the Leafs but they are still mostly the same group that has played forgettable hockey for a few years now.

>Western Conference
>
>(1)Blackhawks vs (8)Wild

Blackhawks in a borderline romp, I guess five games. They are pretty built up depth wise, Wild are kind of thin and playing poorly, obviously.

>(2)District 5 vs (7)Red Wings

I'm liking the Wings to pull this off quite possibly. They are a tough matchup for Anaheim. My basic feeling on the Ducks all year is that they matched up well with Chicago but would have a hard time making it through to them. They will step on a landmine with a tough matchup early and Detroit might be it. Detroit is going to need a great series from Howard, if they get it I think they win in 7.

>(3)Canucks vs (6)Sharks

A matchup of two pernnial flakes that are both playing well but not lights out. On instinct I maybe like San Jose, team left for dead with a deep run left in them, but I'll stick with Vancouver in let's say six games. The Canucks have a ton of balance and playoff experience. I also like Schneider's ability to battle through a game where he doesn't have his best stuff in net a little better than Niemi's.

>(4)Blues vs (5)Kings

I'll take the Kings reluctantly here, St Louis is playing well and has some really significant additions from last year's roster. Kings in seven games.