Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectHe'll get in based on his international resume.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2162147&mesg_id=2163390
2163390, He'll get in based on his international resume.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Apr-16-13 11:46 PM
I'd bank on that. His NBA career will go down in the annals of the 'hall of very good'. His first season and a half as a Laker he could score damn near at will and could make a legit argument for best 4 in the L on many nights in spite of his defensive shortcomings during that span. He's had games this year as a playmaker that were beautiful to watch. I love Pau. He's a Laker through and through and MIGHT get the benefit of a jersey in the rafters one day.

His Lakers tenure was somewhat mercurial, though not in as extreme a manner as, say, Lamar Odom. While his presence obviously gave Kobe validation for his first three titles, he's the prime benefactor in that relationship. While Pau gave Bean validation, playing with Bean (and the Lakers, obviously) gave Pau a few added levels of stature on a huge stage. Kobe cemented an immense legacy and Pau gained a smallish one. It's difficult to discuss the complexity of that pairing in the grand scheme of things without many people downplaying one to support the other and vice versa, but I'm firmly a fan of Pau and his importance to this team. I just think his best hopes for the HOF based on his NBA career alone is borderline. Were he a better defender it would bolster his case considerably. We have to add his admittedly impressive Barcelona resume to put him there with certainty.