Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectSo I take that as a NO. Also, lol at you trying prop up Duncan's
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2162147&mesg_id=2162368
2162368, So I take that as a NO. Also, lol at you trying prop up Duncan's
Posted by Mignight Maruder, Sun Apr-14-13 07:02 PM
teammates while completely neglecting the bevy of talent Kobe was spoiled with throughout his career.

So, DRob was better in '99 than Gasol. Okay. 2003? No, not even close. Funny how you omitted Lamar Odom AND Andrew Bynum as if they weren't major contributors as big men too during Kobe's last championship run. LOL. And correct me if I'm wrong, but did Duncan ever have a teammate remotely as dominant as three-peat era Shaq?

See, this is my whole argument. Of course Kobe wins the poll if you strictly limit your standard to rings (5>4) or scoring titles. But I personally value a player's worth by how much impact they have on their team's success. Duncan, imo, has done more with less talent around him throughout his career. Has he been blessed with a great coach and supporting cast? Yes, absolutely. So has Kobe - in imo, to a much greater extent.

I'm not letting Kobe off the hook for those painfully mediocre post-Shaq era Lakers. No way you are convincing me that shit would happen on Duncan's watch. That, to me, is what separates the two. Duncan has consistently been a winner through numerous roster changes and turnover throughout his career. I'm convinced that Timmay could have won a ring with numerous teams. I'm not so convinced that Kobe could. And again, that is what separates the two to me.