Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectDuncan doesn't need another 'chip to prove he better....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2162147&mesg_id=2162158
2162158, Duncan doesn't need another 'chip to prove he better....
Posted by Mignight Maruder, Sun Apr-14-13 08:01 AM
First things first, as much as I'd love to see the Spurs win another chip, they ain't doing it this year. They have no depth, no bench. Manu's got two feet firmly planted in the grave. Top 5 been banged up the last several months. Duncan has been having an amazing throwback season, but it simply won't be enough to make it through OKC, let alone whoever they get paired up with in the playoffs. This team is falling apart at the worst time. I hope I'm wrong, but all the signs are there for an early exit.

But back to the question. Duncan better and I think a really simple argument can dead this question. If the Spurs had drafted Kobe instead of Duncan, how many chips do you think Kobe would have today??? My guess is one, *maybe* two at best (and I'm being generous). Swap Kobe for Duncan on the Lakers and you're talking 5+ chips with ease. If winning is the all-important attribute you're looking for - instead of scoring titles and ratings - Duncan is the clear cut better player to have on your team.