Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMLB Talk 4.8: Josh Hamilton on the cross
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2159638&mesg_id=2159638
2159638, MLB Talk 4.8: Josh Hamilton on the cross
Posted by will_5198, Mon Apr-08-13 12:52 PM
"Where did people get on Jesus the most? In his hometown. It's one of those things, where baseball-wise, this is my hometown. They got after it...once the alcohol started flowing good. It hurts a little more knowing that people would turn that quickly. But it tells you a lot." © Jesus Hamilton

was he expecting palms laid in the batter's box? Hamilton was invisible during the final stretch last season, told Rangers fans they're "spoiled" and need to show up for 30 more years before they can be considered a baseball town, then signed with a rival. dude, you can't go three years without hitting the bottle, so yeah -- you're going to be called a crackhead at Texas games.

----

I was going to detail the futility of Houston's AAAA offense, but then I actually looked up the stats. and saw Pittsburgh's team numbers:

.119 BA / 8 R / 5 extra base hits / .347 OPS

I know it's six games, but that's amazing. Astros are running away with the K-BB award, though, at a sparkling 74-9.

---

on the flip side, did every other ace get the shit beat out of him yesterday? Matt Cain gave up 9 runs to the Cardinals, tying the worst start of his career (coincidentally, five years ago against St. Louis). Strasburg was hit up for 6 runs, also tying his worst start ever. Dickey (8 ER), Price (8 ER), Hamels (8 ER)...it was brutal.